C H A P T E R 23

MIRROR

KAI

Immense happiness replaced sadness. The baby's cries gave way to tears of joy and laughter. Milos and Samara were grateful to Arrah for helping their son. I can't believe I was blessed with and tasked to protect a mate like her. I turned to where she was standing minutes after my brother got the baby and placed him back to Samara's arms however, she was not in the room with us. And so was Sid.

Where is she?

Opening the door, I asked her guards, "Have you seen Arrah leave?" Both shook their heads no.

"We've been standing by the closed door, Beta. She couldn't have gotten past us unseen," Cyrus said.

"Only you, Beta, have been the first to open the door," Edmund added, confused.

Panic gripped my heart as I took one last look inside the room and confirmed she was not there. I raced out of the room and through the crowd. One second, she was standing there and the next minute went with Sid? I swear if that woman took her, I'm going to have her pelt displayed outside the pack mansion to serve as a warning. No one takes a bonded female from her mate.

"I'm going to rip you into shreds!" The wolves I walked by whimpered, bared their necks, and moved to the side to let me pass.

Arrah always finds me at the end of the day. She would always come to me no matter where I was and go home with me. If she's still in the mansion, I should be able to feel her but I can't. She's not here.

Where would she go?

Her parents have left again and so I know she wasn't with them. All her belongings were transferred to our home so there was no reason for her to go there. It's been locked since and Arrah didn't want to stay there alone. She hated to be all by herself and I've always forbidden her to go anywhere without guards.

The only explanation for that would be that she was taken against her will. Sid wouldn't be that stupid. But then again, she has never shown respect for the laws of the pack. I wouldn't put it past her to take Arrah just to spite me.

Or did she leave with Sid on her own accord? For her to leave alone and with Sid was difficult for me to take.

'All because you know I wouldn't hurt you.'

Sid said she wouldn't harm her but the thought of her being with Arrah all alone drove me mad. My body was rippling with the force of the transformation that I'm reining in. "I'm going to wring your neck..."

I ordered Cyrus and Edmund to look for her in the mansion. I then searched for her through our bond again but I could not get a sense of her or where she was. Outside the pack mansion, I tried to clear my head and think of where they could have possibly gone. Each ticking second made me frustrated as I came up empty.

Where are you?

"Kai?" I bit back a growl as Macey Ryan and Bea jogged to where I stood. "What happened?"

"How was the birth?" Bea asked.

Yes! She would be with Macey and Bea. They're the closest to a family for Arrah. "Have you seen Arrah? Is she with you?"

Macey was baffled. "Isn't she here with you?"

If she's not with them, I have no other lead. "She's gone!" I yelled. "I don't know where she is!"

"Gone?" Macey was pale. "Did something happen? How could you not know where she is?"

"Arrah helped with the baby... she was just there and then I looked up to find her gone. I couldn't reach her through the bond..." Bea was trying to call Arrah's cellphone. She was not picking up.