Chapter 13

✴ Monique ✳

Everything was unclear. Even their faces were unclear.

"Take her please. She has to live!",the woman with a very long dark brown hair pleaded handing something wrapped in a white cloth.

"B-but..",another woman with a short raven hair spoke.

"Please take her as far away as possible! Protect her at all cost!",she pleaded and left the woman with the raven hair standing while holding the thing that was wrapped in a white cloth. She was crying. She was scared.

"RUN J**NA!!!",the woman who left screamed from a distance and there was a loud banging sound.

The raven haired woman ran hugging the thing with the white cloth. She ran with all her might and didn't look back.

Light....

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

I furrowed my brow.

I felt so tired and my body ached. I opened my eyes and noticed that i was facing the mattress with my face on the pillow. Why am i sleeping in this position? I felt like having a stiff neck already. I tried to move but my body felt heavy. I tried to move my hand but something was holding it.

Lucas...

What is he doing here? And where am i? This is definitely not my room. I looked back at Lucas who is sitting on a chair while his body was leaning on the bed using his arm as his pillow. He looked so tired and his hair was a mess.

I don't know what's with this guy but he makes me feel safe and comfortable. I slowly pulled my hand and was about to sit down on the bed when I noticed that i was wearing a different shirt. It was light blue but still oversized. I looked down and noticed that i was wearing a boxer. My whole face heated and i felt embarrassed.

I tried to move to sit properly but i winced then noticed some bandages, cottons and the first aid box lying on the floor. There was the trashcan which was filled with bandages and cottons stained with blood. I pulled the tshirt and realized what actually happened.

Lucas...once again...helped me.

I looked at him carefully and leaned slowly ignoring the stinging pain on my back. I smiled as i reached out to touch his hair. It was so soft. I combed his hair lightly hoping it wouldn't wake him up and a smile curved from his lips.

I pulled my hand away but he caught it. Damn his vampire skills!

He yawned and twisted his neck a little from left to right then looked at me.

"You should have called me to assist you. You're not yet fully recovered",he had this worried look holding my hand tightly.

"I'm so sorry. It's just that you looked adorable while sleeping."--- holy crap! It's too early in the morning and here I am flirting! I can't believe myself! Did i just said that out loud!? This is getting too embarrassing! Adorable!? Am i running out of adjectives? Ha ha. Nice one Monique! You suck!

He chuckled and sat beside me then tucked some strands of my hair behind my ear. He leaned closer, "are you alright? Did you catch a fever or something?"

I stared at him and he chuckled again.

Damn so sexy!

"You're face is turning red.",he whispered.

I gasped and covered my face with both hands. He laughed at my reaction and wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me to his chest. He hugged me gently, careful enough not to touch the injured part. I felt shocked for a moment but then I felt comfortable and I sighed in relief clutching one hand on his white tshirt on his chest while the other was wrapped on his waist.