Chapter 29 : There's always a confession in parties

Audrey's POV

"Miss Audrey, your mom is here to pick you up," one of the nurse entered and informed me.

"Okay, thank you."

Today is finally the day I will be returning back to school and see everyone. To be honest, I'm really missing all of my friends. Tyler, Ryan, Phillips, Collins and Ryder. They have done  and mean so much to me ever since day 1.

I slipped back into my old clothes that I had worn on the day Nick had punched me because I there wasn't any spares for me and waited on my bed for my mom as I scroll through my phone. Luckily it's only 43% left otherwise, I'd die from boredom already.

Haha, just kidding.

I have some TV to keep me out of it.

I turn my gaze to the sound of the door knock and smiled when I see my mother entering with a smile on her face. I ran to her and gave her a hug.

"It's so happy to be back," I whispered.

"I know, now let's go. We have something for you." I became curious but nodded.

We left the hospital and hopped into my mom's car. As I was about to sit in the passenger's seat, she stopped and told me to change into the bag of clothes that she's given me and I just obliged and do so.

It's a good thing my mom's window can't be seen on the outside, otherwise I'd totally freak out. "Don't look," I demanded.

"I won't, I'm too busy on the road anyways," she chuckled, still facing the front.

I sighed in relief and pulled out a dress from the bag. Confusion overtook me but I shrugged anyhow and put it on like a shirt.

"Okay, we're reaching our destination, use the blindfold." I frowned at her statement, just looking outside of the window shows my school. Why use a blindfold?

I just shook all of the negativity out of my head and used the blindfold anyways. I mean like, I trust my mom so I'm not too worried about what the situation.

I felt the car door open and a hand pulling me out of the car, I followed the footsteps of my mother when she stopped and held my hand tightly as I walk up the steps to the main entrance.  

As we've probably already entered the building, I was told to walk straight and I just followed although I have a little concern about it. Until I felt a handle on my right, I frowned. This isn't the right way to my dorm, isn't it?

I held onto it tightly and I walked up the steps bit by bit, not wanting to fall down. I could feel my mom behind me so I must be going the right way I guess.

The school is pretty big and I have no idea where we're going. And about another few minutes of walking, my mom finally told me to stop. I immediately stopped and silence was everywhere.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Mom?" I called for her. But there wasn't any response.

"Mom?" I called for her again. My face became concern.

I began to walk around but she told me to stay still. I held my chest and sighed in relief at that moment. I just stood straight and my blindfold was taken of, revealing a huge crowd of people in front of me.

"What?" I frowned. Nobody spoke, I awkwardly stood at my spot when music began to fill the room as  banners fall from the ceiling and balloons were everywhere. When the balloon was out of my sight, I finally get to read what the banner said, 'Welcome back Audrey'. I smiled at the statement as Ryder and the others squeezed out of the crowd and gave me a group hug.

"You shouldn't have!"

"It was all Ryder's idea." Ryan gestured to Ryder who's awkwardly standing and blushing in embarrassment.

"Thanks." I blushed and hugged him once more. "Can't believe you invited the whole school." I giggled.

"Anything to see you smile. It's a celebration for your recovery and the fact that Nick Keller is no longer in our school," he happily announced and everyone cheered.

I looked around the room, finally getting to see everything clearly. The banners pastel coloured with my name spelt on it in glitter form as all of the balloons are colourful as well.

My eye was caught by a table full of snacks and drinks. I went over to the table to see a strawberry cake decorated with fruits saying 'Welcome back, Audrey' once more. But anyhow I love it. I turn around to see Ryder beside me.

"How do you know that I love strawberry fruit cake?"

His smile slowly drop and he sighed heavily gesturing at Tyler who's chatting with a bunch of guys I don't know. "It's Tyler who got you the cake."

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "It's alright. I still love you anyhow." My eyes soon turned wide when I realised what I've just said.

He smirked. "Ooh, love eh? Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." I just rolled my eyes and laughed at him.

He just laughed and excused himself and went to greet the other students. So I walked over to Tyler instead.

"Thanks, Tyler. For the cake. It's my favourite." The guys who were with him gave cheeky looks.

He glared at them and apologised for their behavior. "Can I ask you something, in private?" I just nodded as he leaded me somewhere private where nobody would notice us. But I trust that he won't do anything to me so I just obliged and waited for him to continue.

"I-I like you, Audrey. More than a friend. I have been crushing on you."

~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~

*Plays dramatic music*

Uh oh, what's gonna happen between Tyler and Audrey? What's her respond? Cliff hanger!!!

Find out in the last episode of 'A Girl In An All Boys School'.

Bye!!!!