Chapter 12

Hajime's Third Person P.O.V

He couldn't hear anything after she uttered the word "burden". Everything dimmed inside of him and all he could think about were them.

"You're such a nuisance!"

"Don't go helping people when you can't even help yourself."

"You're just a problem for everyone to  carry on their shoulders."

"You're not talented. What a waste."

"I heard he only got in because of all the money his parents gave the school. Haha."

"You're only a burden."

"You should go die!"

Should go die?

Go die.

Die.

He wanted to die.

A warm hand on his shoulder snapped his thoughts in half like twigs.

A comforting feeling rushed into his chest.
Ko.

The albino began walking Hajime out of the mall, not uttering a sound. With his eyes downcast and his shoulders drooped, the brunet followed his protector out the door.

The heavy sound of rain caused Hajime to look up at the sky.

Oh, so it was raining again? He had forgotten an umbrella.

He glanced towards Ko, wanting to see his reaction to the whether. Ko noticed Hajime's troubling gaze and gave him a reassuring smile.

"It's okay. The mall isn't that far from my house. I can probably carry you and run. Oh hey, are you cold?" He raised an eyebrow.

Hajime's teeth were clattering against each other since he had worn short sleeves instead of long ones. It had been warm in the afternoon though. Screw the weather.

"N-no I-I'm n-not." He defended.

However, the sneeze that came from him betrayed his thoughts.

Ko laughed.

"W-what's s-so fu-funny?" He tried to form the words in between the chattering of his teeth.

A warm presence suddenly enveloped him around his shoulders. Ko had given him his coat.

He seemed okay with it even though he was wearing short sleeves. He was probably faking it again.

"Thank you," the brunet murmured, clutching it closer.

"But won't you get cold?" He questioned.

"Nah it's fine. I can bear it."

"Well, how are we going to get back now?"

The sky was dimming into a dark purple color that peeked from behind the clouds. It was nightfall.

The air would get colder anytime soon.
Suddenly, Hajime legs were no longer touching the ground. Instead, he was being carried bridal style by Ko.

"Eh?!" At least this was the back entrance of the mall not many people were there.

"Hold on," Ko grinned like a maniac.

He shot off like a bullet, into the cold rain. The jacket shielded Hajime from most of the rain, so he didn't get wet from it. However, in Ko's case, the rain flew into his face as he ran, drenching his hair.

~

"You should go take the shower first! You're covered in rain!" Hajime protested as Ko pushed him towards the bathroom.