Chapter 25

Hajime's Third Person P.O.V.

"S-slow down!!" Hajime groaned.

If Ko went any faster, the brunet was going to hurl his guts up.

"HAHA! NO!" Ko laughed as he rushed through the city's streets with Hajime on his back.

The pair was dashing through the streets, heading towards the library for some peace and quiet, and also because Ko wanted to see what it looked like since Hajime spoke so fondly of it last night.

"TOOoooOOo FAsT!" Hajime tightened his grip around Ko's neck. Everything was a blur around him as Ko dashed through crowds of people.

The albino's feet screeched to a stop, almost throwing the brunet off his back if it wasn't for his death grip around Ko.

"Is this it?"

A large, official-looking building sat in front of Hajime and Ko.

As they entered the library, the aroma of ink and paper hit their faces.

You gotta love the smell of books.

"Ko?"

"Yeah?"

"You can let me go now..." Hajime lifted a brow.

The library was a spacious place, with shelves filled with books everywhere. Children were huddled up with their parents on chairs and sofas reading picture books with a smile on their faces.

Ah, childhood. Something that Hajime didn't have.

Out of the corner of his eye, Hajime saw a suspicious person wearing glasses, her nose buried in a book, but her eyes were watching their every move.

Ko had noticed this too, for he walked towards the dark magenta haired girl.
Hushed words were exchanged.

"...Touko... He sent you?... Oh, I see..."

Touko? Where had Hajime heard the name before? He pondered over the name. Touko, Touko, Touko..... Where had he heard it before? His eyebrows scrunched up in concentration.

A hand lightly touched his shoulder, startling the brunet who was lost in thought.

"Ga-" He opened his mouth out of shock.
Ko placed a hand over the brunet's mouth.
"Sssshh..." He grinned slyly.

Hajime brushed away Ko's hand.

"I'll go see if I can find any info on the person who dropped the book and how to give it back to them."

"The internet doesn't have this information though. Neither do the books."

"It's worth a try."

Was it just him or did Ko frown for a split second?

He left the albino, searching for a computer.

Hmmm... let's see here. What should I type in? "I bumped into this random person and they dropped a book and now I'm stuck with a guy I barely know who likes to tease me"?
Hajime laughed.

Let's try searching up 'Ko'.

1,200,500,700 results.

Urghhhh. Whyyyyy????

Then he noticed it.

Wait. What's this?

His mouse hovered over a website

"Breaking News! Sixteen-year-old boy found dead in an abandoned warehouse fire.
Reports say a brown-haired boy in his teens was found dead at approximately 11:11 A.M. with a spear implanted into his chest. Information is scarce, but it may have been a murder.
11 years ago-Written by XXXXX XXXXX"

Hajime threw up in his mouth. The pictures from the crime scene were so gruesome he couldn't stand it.

But why did that boy seem so familiar? Had Hajime met him before??

Nah. He was overthinking this too much. It would probably be better just to borrow some books and get lost in the fictional world. It was always more interesting than the real world. Books were his escape from reality. They kept him sane from all the boring things that happened in this boring world. Books were like portals to other dimensions that were far more interesting and defied all rules of the real world. 

Hajime brushed his fingers along the spines of the many different genres of books, trying to find an interesting one.

When the brunet had finished choosing his preferred book, he set off to find Ko.
Where did he go? His eyes darted around the room, trying to look for the blob of white.

"So the dragon took the princess away from her evil father," Ko told his audience, who were a group of children.

So there he was.

Ko was grinning at the children, weaving his tale and making hand motions while he told it.

Hajime thought that it was sweet of Ko to entertain the children. He didn't get to experience much of this in his childhood since his mother died when he was only six. His father had killed himself due to depression. The brunet's heart clenched in sadness as he looked at the smiling children who he envied. At the same time, he felt happy for them. They got to experience their childhood, a pure and happy one, unlike his own.

Deciding not to interrupt the children's interest in Ko's story, Hajime sat down in the corner of the library with the book placed on his lap.

However, his mind kept drifting from the book to Ko's storytelling. The albino's voice was so light and comforting. It compelled Hajime to go to sleep.

So the brunet let the magical words in Ko's beautiful voice lure him to sleep.

"The prince was also after the princess, but the dragon had taken her already. The prince challenged the dragon to a duel for the princess, but the dragon had other thoughts. It was love at first sight. You see... the dragon had fallen in love with the prince!" Ko grinned.

A chorus of shocked and surprised voices rose out from the crowd of children.

"Whaaaat?!"

"Huuuh?"

"Tell us more!"

"Yeah!"

"More, more!"

The children demanded.

Ko hushed the overly excited children.

"Well then...." He continued. The gleeful children made comments as Ko was telling the rest of the story.

Hajime smiled at Ko's story. It was kind of ironic how Ko was telling a story when he was a fictional character. But what surprised the brunet the most was the fact that he never knew that the albino got along with children so well.

As Ko continued to tell the story of the princess, prince, and the dragon, Hajime felt his eyelids begin to droop over his olive eyes, his head nodding off to sleep.