Chapter 34

Ko's Third Person's P.O.V.

The albino stared in horror as he watched Hajime climb down the ladder with the book in his hands.

There was blood on him.

Blood.

The brunette stood over the black haired boy, towering over his small figure.

"The antidote." Hajime placed a hand out in a beckoning motion.

"The book." Panda ordered.

No! Don't do it! Ko internally screamed. His whole body was numb already. He was a discarded doll on the ground, unable to move.

"Book or I'll kill him." The villain stepped on Ko's head, his heel digging into the albino's hair.

Luckily, Ko couldn't feel any pain due to the drug, so that was a relief.

Hajime, his eyes wide, ran towards the black haired boy in rage, kicking him in the stomach, causing him to double over, stumbling away from Ko.

"Don't touch him." Hajime growled as he hugged Ko to his body with the albino's face facing the crook of his neck.

Unable to move, Ko flushed with embarrassment, his arms dangling behind him and his legs sprawled out behind him.

This was one awkward position.

Panda struggled to his feet, his eyes red with anger.

Ko's vision became hazy, his vision getting blurry.

His sight was slowly slipping away. There wasn't much time left.

"Your boyfriend only has twenty five minutes left to live." He warned.

Honestly, Ko didn't mind dying. But now, he had something to protect, so he wouldn't die until Hajime was completely safe.

Then again, Ko wouldn't mind dying in Hajime's arms. They were warm and strong, and oddly comforting too. He laughed to himself.

Then he remembered.

There was something important he had to do before he died.

"T-minus twenty three minutes~" The teen taunted at Hajime, who gripped the albino tighter.

It was now or never.

Ko couldn't talk, so he had to rely on his mouth.

These three words would change his life, but only if he could manage to actually say them properly.

He stuck his tongue out and licked the brunette's neck, catching Hajime off gaurd.

"Oh wow. Why is there fluff in a life or death situation? Oh well, I'll guess I'll just sit here and watch it. Fluff is great anyways." Panda sighed.

"W-what do you mean sit there and watch?! And Ko! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" Hajime yelled in embarrassment.

The albino's jade eyes looked up to the brunette's olive ones. He almost couldn't see Hajime anymore.

He moved his mouth, which was growing weaker by the second.

He only hoped that Hajime would receive his message before he lost his eyesight, and probably in a couple of minutes, his life too.

His mouth moved into a box shape, forming the word 'I'.

"Ko? What are you trying to say?"

His tongue touched his front teeth, and his front teeth touched his bottom lip, forming the word 'love'.

"What?"

His lips formed into an 'o' shape, indicating the word 'you'.

The world in front of him turned dark. He had lost his eyesight.

Someone shook him by his shoulders, his body only moving back and forth with the motion.

"Ko?! What did you say???! I couldn't figure it out! Is it a warning?! KO?!" Hajime shook him by his shoulders.

Even though the albino couldn't see anymore, his eyelids continued to stay open.

So Hajime didn't get his message, huh. He was going to die without confessing to the person he loved the most. The one he wanted to protect. The one he lay down his life for. The exact same person who was holding Ko's half dead body in his arms.

The albino could not feel it, however, he knew that fat, salty tears were dripping down his cheeks and onto his jacket.

"Ko?! Why are you crying?!"

Something within the servant broke... no, shattered into a million fragments. His heart.

Panda roared with laughter, his arms wrapping around himself, hugging his waist.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! Oh my god," He wheezed with uncontrollable laughter, "I can't anymore!" He choked momentarily, bending over in a coughing fit.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!" Hajime yelled at the black haired teen.

Ko continued crying. He couldn't stop the tears. It was more like they WOULDN'T stop. It hurt so much. The knot in his chest tightened even more.

Panda pointed a shaky finger at the clueless brunette.

"You should be asking yourself that. After all, you just did practically kill him. I bet he's dying internally and externally as we speak." He smirked.

"What the hell do you mean I killed him?!" Hajime growled.

"Eh. It doesn't even matter anymore. You both are going to die anyways. You, for not giving me the book, and Ko, for trying to save you. Either way, it's a win-win for me!"  He clapped his hands gleefully like an overjoyed child.

"Wait," He paused. "Maybe I'll kill you after Ko dies, just to make you suffer even more. Ooooh~ Now won't that be fun?" He mused to himself.

Ko's panic rose, shooting in his mind like fireworks.

No. He did not want the brunette to suffer even more. Ko wished he would die. Hajime had rejected him, and he was just being a torment to Hajime. He had nothing to lose. He lost everything in one day. What's a better punishment than to die?

"Maybe I'll wait until Ko loses his hearing." Panda told himself. "Actually, screw that. Imma just kill you both right now. How about that?"

He took out a black pistol from behind his jeans.

"Hmmm. Who should I kill first? The Servant? Or the Protagonist?"

The villain snapped his fingers.

"I got a better idea."

He whipped out another gun, identical to the one he was holding in his right hand.

"Let's kill you both at the same time!" He giggled.

Ko felt Hajime tighten his grip around Ko. So this was where it all ended. With the albino dying in the brunette's arms and the brunette dying next to Ko. Such Despair...

"Ready... Steady... Di-"

A gunshot rang across the room.

"Huh?" Ko heard Hajime mumble to himself.

A different voice, a girl's echoed around the chamber.

"Hajime Hinata and The Servant."

A long strip of silence.

"Who are you guys?" Hajime asked in utter confusion.

She answered almost immediately.

"We're here to save you."
_____________________________________________
ehehehehehe

\(=w=)/