꧁𝐒𝐢𝐱꧂

My phone rang and it was my mum. I picked it and she told me to come to Abu's room. It was strange. I couldn't remember the last time I step my foot in that wing of the house.

I draped a large veil over my head and I picked my phone. I left my cousins and I walked slowly towards Abu's room. My heart was beating against my ribcage. I can't pinpoint whatever they wanted to see me for and this kind of occasion was rare.

After climbing series of stairs and entering doors, I knocked on the dark mahogany door. I took a deep breath and I heard a soft come in from my mother.

I entered and my father pointed to a chair for me to sit. I sat down there. He sat on the bed and my mum was sitting on the opposite of the chair.

"Layla, no one hates you here and whatever way you're treated is a preparation for the future. Your marriage process is going to begin tommorow. The el-Rufais are bringing your lefe tomorrow and you're not going to be around as the tradition requires. I wouldn't want you to go there and disgrace our family. In case you don't know, how you treat your husband shows the way we've raised you.
I'm giving you a golden opportunity by getting you married to a young rich man. I know of my friends who would have loved to make you their sixth or fifth wife but I chose a  fine young man for you. Do not disappoint me. That's all I have to say to you. You can go back to your room"

I thanked him and I walked back to my room. I wouldn't let his words spoil my mood. I'm leaving this bondage very soon and I will start my own fairytale.

*****

Nur was feeling so bad and he felt like calling Jameelah back to tell her he was sorry and they can continue meeting in secret.

He always had a wet dream about her and she was in his mind. He needed to clear off his head before he calls anyone Jameelah by mistake and he would have to explain himself.

It was 9pm in the night and boxes of lefe that is going to be taken to his in-laws house tomorrow sat in the sitting room. Meeting with the agent in charge of house drained him.

He took his time to select a good house far away from his parents home and with his own privacy and he got the interior decorator to design it to his own satisfaction. She was one of the best in Abuja and he trusted her to get it done fast.

He couldn't take it anymore, he picked his car keys and he drove to his joint. He had promised himself not to go there anymore but he can't help himself.  It was either that or Jameelah.

He drove into the crowdy parking space of the night club and he found a place to park his car properly. He walked into the VIP section and the bartender waved at him in recognition.

Few moments later, his favorite was brought to him and he downed the first glass once. The hot liquid burnt his throat and he savored the bitter aftertaste. After a few bottles, he was dead drunk and he lodged into a room in the hotel. He dared not go home like this, his father was going to have his head.

He dialed Jameelah's number and it rang a few times while he was dozing. By the time she picked it up, he was fast asleep. When she didnt receive any reply, she ended the call.

𒊹︎︎︎ 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤
𒊹︎︎︎ 𝐃𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝.
𒊹︎︎︎ 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𒊹︎︎︎ 𝐁𝐲𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬