꧁𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧꧂

Nur's mother went though the boxes of lefe that was going to be taken to the bride's house tomorrow. She made sure everything was perfect.

She made sure to order classy Ankara and Guineas. She got a top class jewelry maker to make the bridal jeweleries. She wanted to show the bride's family that they were capable of taking care of the bride.

She inspected the perfume and made sure they were of high quality and she gave the box a final look before she went to bed.

She called Nur's phone and he wasn't picking. She thought maybe he was busy thinking about the union ahead. Marriage wasn't a child's play.

She went towards her room and she walked fast pass Amna's room as not to hear her scream of helplessness. There was nothing she could do to help. She got into her room and locked the door securely behind her.

He left her room with a satisfied smug on his face and Amna's helpless whimpers filled the room. She was no longer appetising again and she needed to be taken for checkup.

Amna crawled to the bathroom with a throbbing pain in between her legs. It happened every night and no one could stop him. She opened the shower and she scrubbed her body like it was filthy. She let her tears flow.

******

Layla felt suffocated inside the house and the attention everyone was giving her. Sh hated the way they were looking at her as if she is some kind of trophy to be given away.

She dressed up in a sports tee and joggers with her running shoe and she wrapped her hair in a cap. She picked her phone and her hands free and she slipped out through the back door and she headed out for a run. She played song at the highest and she ran fast as if her life depended on it.

Then she noticed someone trailing her and she went faster. Her heart was beating loudly against her ribcage.

What if he was a kidnapper or a ritualist? Different thoughts ran through her mind. She turned left towards an unfamiliar route and the person stopped.

"There is no road there and I'm not evil" he chuckled and she visibly relaxed. "I'm just out here to clear my mind, If i don't vent out, i have a feeling i will sink into depression" she turned back and she saw him sitting on a covet.

She knew it wasn't right sitting out with a total stranger late at night but something about this stranger fascinated her. She sat not too far from him.  "I'm getting married to someone i don't even know in a few days time yet i feel like I'm making a terrible mistake, everyone is doting on me and it feels weird" she found herself talking.

"Mine is in a couple of months now and my fiancee isn't what i planned my future wife to be. She is the opposite of everything and i don't have a choice" he sighed and he continued

"Everyone expects me to put up with it but how on earth am i suppose to marry a wastrel? Because she flaunts her father's money doesn't mean she can waste my hard earned one. She is just a brat"

She chuckled and they continue to talk like they are best of friends. They lost track of time and her alarm of 2am sounded and she was shocked that she sat here and talked to a total stranger for over 2 hours.

She stood up and she told him She has to go and he smiled at her. "I'm glad i met you, you're a life saver. What should I call you stranger?"

"Call me Angel"

She asked for his number and he told her that their meeting was by fate and if Allah willed, they will still meet in the future.

She turned towards her house and he continued his run in the opposite direction.

When she sneaked back inside, she was lucky everyone was asleep and no one noticed she wasn't inside. She jumped on her bed and she slept like a baby. Talking to the stranger actually helped.

I know the chapters are probably too short.  I'd make it up to you guys😚😚💕💕💕