41

Mason Maloney

Sam and I lay breathlessly together on his bed on Saturday afternoon. Having time to be with each other intimately proved to be difficult since we could only be at his house and his family chose random times to go out. When he found out that Jonah and Mae would be taking the kids to see their grandparents today, Sam called me immediately to come over. Sam still seemed to be on a high from his win yesterday, so we may have gone for a few rounds. Anyway, I wasn't complaining.

Sam wrapped his strong arm around my bare shoulders, giving me a long kiss on the cheek before leaning his head on the wall behind his bed. I rested my head on his shoulder, smiling up at him and letting my fingers play with the necklace that rested on his chest.

"So," I started after the thought came to my mind, "Bella is going to UCF."

Sam picked his head up and looked down at me, widening his eyes slightly. He adjusted his position on the bed before answering.

"She is?" he asked in a confused tone.

I nodded and hummed to confirm his words. "She told me the other day."

"I probably won't see much of her," Sam shrugged his shoulders, "They have a huge student body."

"You might have to see some of her," I told him with a small smile.

Sam quirked his head to the side in question. "Why?"

"Because I'm going to apply," I told him, my smile growing wider as a surprised expression took over his face.

"You are?" Sam asked me excitedly, sitting up and staring directly into my eyes.

I nodded to which Sam decided to plant a hard kiss on my mouth that probably lasted longer than he initially intended. He pulled away, while still holding me close, with a wide grin taking over his whole face and reaching his eyes.

"Man, it would be so nice to go to school together," Sam said after a few moments of silence.

I nodded in agreement. "It would."

Sam responded by planting small kisses all over my face, causing me to let out a girly giggle. I couldn't even feel ashamed of the sound that left my mouth because he continued kissing me, fueling my happiness. My face heated up every time his lips pressed against my skin. I was so content with him that I could stay in bed all day with Sam and it wouldn't feel like the day was wasted.

"Stop it," I laughed, pushing him away lightly.

"I just love to kiss you!" he said cheerfully, pressing one last kiss to my forehead before getting up from the bed and retrieving mine and his clothes from the floor.

Sam tossed my clothes beside me on the bed before getting dressed. I stood up from the bed and put my clothes on before following Sam out of his room and down the stairs. His family had been gone for a while so it was only a matter of time before they returned home.

"Are you staying for dinner tonight?" Sam asked as I followed him into the kitchen. "Mae wanted me to invite you."

"Mae wanted you to invite me?" I teased, remembering the conversation we had when he invited me over for Thanksgiving.

Sam rolled his eyes. "Yes, she wants you over tonight. You know I do too."

"I was just messing with you," I told him lightly, sending him a wink as I leaned against the counter while he opened the fridge and pulled out two water bottles, sliding one across the counter to me.

Out of nowhere, an excited Lila came barreling into the kitchen and threw herself at my legs. The force caused me to stumble as she kept a tight grip on me. For a six year old, she was quite strong.