// 10 //

Filthy Pride - Social Repose 
Talk To Me - Salvator Ganacci

And so it started to go a little like this: I would wake up before I could even roll over, there would be rustling and the slamming of my door. The most I could do was sit up, so once I was up straight, Jase would walk in with the same tray to check my wounds and apply a cream. After that, he would ask me if I was hungry. I declined anything for the first few days but the hunger set on me quick. I then simply told him I didn't care what he gave me, as long as he took a bite first. He would bring in something, take a bite and leave. For hours.

After the day I finally gave in to him feeding me, I asked him if I could have something to entertain myself with. He nodded and when he brought the usual peanut butter sandwich for lunch, a stack of random books ranging from sci-fi to biographies. Then he would leave for hours again. Jase would return when the sun started to set and check my feet before asking me what I wanted for dinner. I would tell him I didn't care again, and he would leave and return with a different food every night. He would then leave the room, taking the books I read, and started the whole process over.

After five days, I asked him why he left before I woke up. He sets the tray of oatmeal on the bed next to my feet and sighs.

"I watch you sleep. It's reassuring to know you're safe," I silently stare at him and look over at the window. Great, now I was starting to sound like the bad guy.

"Well, you don't have to," I snap and cross my arms. I wasn't going to let him have any of my pity. The chair next to the window scoots over to the bed and I look over to see him sitting down, his hands gripping the sheets of the bed. Today's outfit consisted of a NASA logo shirt over a blue sweater and simple jeans. Only a psycho would wear a long sleeve under a shirt.

"Yes, I really do. I can't trust you by yourself, I've learned that from you. I realize how much you need me, Acacia, I really do. I was spending all my time keeping you locked up and learning your every move that I forgot what my purpose is; to keep you safe. I always thought it was society that made you upset, but it's not. It's you. I wanted to teach you but you were teaching me; I need to protect you from yourself," My hand reacts before my brain and I whip out, backhanding the boy across his cheek. His face barely moves as the red print appears. I ball the same hand into a fist.

"You don't know anything about me. You pretend that you care, pretend you know my mind. You don't know jack shit about anything, Jase. You know what I think? I think you're scared of rejection so you resort to the only thing you know that works; you kidnap and kill until you have your way," He stares at me in utter shock. I could see the dark frames slipping down his nose, now settling at the tip. I couldn't tell what emotions he was feeling. Anger, sadness, rage, shock; all of them seemed to form in his eyes before dissipating to leave curiosity.

"You're talking nonsense. This is why I need to watch you and learn more from you. Is this why you're so sad, Acacia? Because no one has ever taken care of you? Bianica never did-"

"Shut up! Don't you dare talk about my mother, I never want to hear her name from your lips again! You think I'm sad because mommy never loved me? Ha! I'm depressed because everyone leaves me. But I suck it up and I take care of myself," I yell at him. His hands grip the sheets harder. I could tell he was going to lose it, lose whatever grip he had on himself. I wanted to cackle at how right I was, how he wasn't being nice. Jase was just putting on a costume.