// 16 //

Bust Your Kneecaps - Pomplamoose
Angel On Fire - Halsey

I didn't like the fact I let him cry on my shoulder or the fact that I felt pain from his pain. I wanted to be cold in my mind, but I just couldn't stay all upset after the facts Jase told me. It made sense now, everything made sense. The basement, the parent issues, even the band-aids found their way into my own conspiracy. I thought perhaps that's what he did when he was little when he found the women's bodies. It made sense that he was crazy; anyone would go insane after finding out your father was a murderer and then having your mother drill it into your head that you had to be exactly like your dad.

Why he choose me, I didn't have a clue. All I did know was that I had to be some sort of compromise between Jase and his mother. Perhaps he would stop killing if he could have one for his own? Something to keep him occupied? Stalking them until Mrs.Lean could get them alone and ready for Jase to take. What made my insides crawl was the fact she would be okay with it all. Then again, I would be scared of my son if he was Jase.

Yet, a piece of me wondered why Mrs. Lean would want Jase to be a killer like her husband. Was she the ringmaster the whole time? I let that thought in for a moment and threw it out. Jase was a manipulator, I knew that already. It crossed my mind also that he was just lying to me the whole time we were in that room and he was shaking from the thunder.

Nevertheless, I sat at the kitchen table, sipping apple juice and thinking my thoughts. It was always odd how Jase would never leave during the day but there seemed to be new things in the fridge every day. I lift the glass and sip some more. It was odd how we would have scarcely anything and then a bunch of things. We. What, was I calling this my house now? I didn't even know if he owned the house. I didn't even know if I was really here anymore. I feel the glass slip from my fingers and I gasp, trying to catch it.

Glass flies to the deepest corners of the kitchen and a few pieces throw themselves against my bare ankle. I wince at the pain and look down at the damage surrounding me. I didn't even know how it happened. Footsteps boom down the hall and I look over to see Jase running towards me. I knew I was in for it, whatever it would be.

"What happened?" Jase demands and looks down at the floor, all the glass and the juice that was slowly seeping into the floor. I could see his face turn sour and his eyes land on me. I get up and feel the glass in my ankle as I stand.

"It was an accident, I'll clean it up," I begin and Jase raises his hand. I shut my mouth.

"You're so careless, Acacia. You hurt yourself even when I'm in the same house as you. This just won't do," He trudges over to me and bends down to the small pieces of glass in my ankle. It didn't even hurt that much, it was just a little blood trickle that made it look bad. He goes to the cabinet with the medical kit and pulls out the smooth silver key to unlock it. He grabs the kit and gathers a few pink bandaid and tweezers before coming back to me and plucking the glass out, applying the bandaids. He stays put once he applies the third one and I feel his lips press against the third one.

"Such a clutz," Jase puts the bandaids back and starts to leave the kitchen.

"Wait! What about the glass? It's dangerous," As if I truly cared about him stepping o a piece of glass. No, it was in my nature to clean up my messes. Well, when I wanted to. Jase turns back to me and furrows his eyebrows.