// 13 //

You Are My Sunshine - The Phantoms
Lovely - Billie Eilish ft Khalid

All I see is a bright light. It stings my eyes and I screw them up tightly, turning my head from the pesky brightness.

"Aw, did I hurt you? Is it too much?" I peek my eyes open and come face to face with another human for the first time in what seemed like years. For a moment, happiness flood my systems and I wanted to smile. But it soon dawns on me where I was as the pain gnaws on my wrists and in my head. I silently nod my head at Jase and he purses his lips. He pushes the large glasses up his nose and shines the flashlight up and down me. The faint light coming in from the outside teases me as he walks around behind me and back in front of me.

"Well? How do you feel?" My stomach answers for me as very loud gurgling erupts from my stomach. I look down at my stomach and back up at Jase.

"I feel like I want to get out of here," I say and Jase purses his lips. He clicks the flashlight off, shadows casting on his face and giving him more of a sinister look.

"Do you think you deserve to come out? Are you going to behave? You caused me quite some trouble, I don't know if I'm ready to forgive you yet," My eyes widen and I decide it was now or never to deploy my plan. I needed to play a psycho to outplay the psycho.

"Oh, I'm going to behave! You made me realize something, Jase. You made me realize how much you do for me and I forgive you for hurting me and kidnaping me. I've been spending all this time trying to get away from you when all you want to do is protect me!" Jase looks at me silently, listening to my every word. I needed to convince him more, he wasn't buying it.

"Plus, I . . . miss you. It was so lonely down here," I shut my eyes and say, hoping that saying that would be enough to convince him.

"Why didn't you just say so? Let's get you out of here, love," Cold hands grip my wrist and the tight restraints are peeled off of my wrists. I yelp from the pain and Jase stops for a moment, looking at me with concern.

"I'm too hard on you, aren't I?" I nod my head at him and he sighs, turning his head away from me and looking to where the opened door was. I could see him tightening his fists to the point his nails were digging into his palm. My eyes bounce around and I cringe as I place my hand on his fist. He straightens at my touch and his hand unravels, intertwining his fingers with mine. So cold, so tight. I tell myself I need to get used to this if I want to get out of here.

"Stupid, stupid. Come now, let's get you upstairs and cleaned up. We have so much to do now that you're mine again,"

//

I stand in the shower and try not to think about the fact Jase was standing right outside the door with no knob. The warm water rolled off of me as did the blood and tears from days before. The first thing I noticed when I was out of that blackroom was the fact that there was no doorknob on the bathroom door and there was no door on the frame of where I woke up. Color me thrilled.

There was absolutely no way I could keep up this charade for very long. I couldn't handle the fact I had to warm up to Jase, I utterly hated this man. Yet, there was the only way for me to survive him. If I wanted to get close to escape, I needed to close to him. Hell, I'd never been in a relationship before, I didn't know how to act. How was I supposed to put up this facade if I didn't know what to do? What to say? What to think? I needed to do exactly what he wanted me to do, but I needed to make it look like I wanted to do these things.