// 19 //

Body - Mother Mother

"...dispose of the body? Good."

"...of hers? Dead? This is why I do the killing and you stay at the library..."

"Jase, you aren't finished yet. Look, there's a..."

I roll over onto my right side and immediately am met with the sharp pain from my leg. The pain jolts me from my groggy state and my eyes flutter open. First, darkness. Then my eyes start to adjust to the same room as before. That meant the same house. That means the same person and the same lost situation.

"...I can't. I'm not over her."

"What!"

I groan from the sudden loud noise and pain in my leg, screwing my eyes tightly shut. I wish I could just keep my eyes closed for the rest of my life. I wish I were blind or deaf or that my nerves were fried and I couldn't feel. The grip I had on the sheets softens and I stretch my fingers along the cotton material. My fingertips trail the bumps and grooves of the uneven bedspread as I stretch now my back and shoulders. God, was I tense.

"...have to...get rid...Jase!"

My eyes drift open and I stare up at the plain ceiling above me. I start to memorize where the cracks are, the deeper ones and the shallow ones that I had to squint to see. The voice sounded feminine, something I hadn't heard in a while. How long have I been here? Years? Jase would know. He knew everything.

"I can't." His voice was much more clear now. As if I could zone in on it in a crowd if I had to. Crisp and clear and with a bit of an unrecognizable;e accent.

"Two weeks. I will give you two weeks to get over that brat of a girl. I can't believe I had to kill someone because you can't get over a little crush." Kill someone? What did Jase have a little gang of other serial killers? It didn't make sense that he would genuinely talk to other people if it didn't aid him in anyway shape or form. He wasn't social. Hell, he was barely a human. But I liked it. It meant he only talked to me. It meant I was special, right?

"That's not my problem, I never asked you to. God, Acacia was right about you," Jase claims and I can hear a soft skud of metal against the floor. A chair? That sounded like a chair.

"Oh? Is that why you dyed your beautiful locks? Because of that girl? You never act like this, where is my beautiful baby boy at!" My heart flutters at this. I could feel my cheeks redden from the words of the woman. Beautiful baby boy? What was he having an affair now? Two girls all for him? More than two? It made my stomach churn. Was this jealousy?

"Don't! You need to leave. I need to think." My hands stop trailing the sheets and I try to keep my breathing to a steady beat. The sudden silence in the house makes me shut my eyes once more and continue to trail the cotton on the pillow. I wanted to be blind and deaf. The soft thud of the pillow makes my eyes snap open and my heart start to pound.

"What was that?" The feminine voice rings through the room now, like she was there all along.

"I didn't hear anything," Jase quickly dismisses. I hear heavy footsteps and the booming echoes through my room. I prop myself up on my elbows and intently stare at the closed door of the room. The footsteps stop and I start to breathe again.