CHAPTER 8

Anika came out of the washroom and saw that Shivaay was lost in his thoughts.

She clicked her fingers in front of him and he came out of his thoughts.

S- Kya hua? (What happened?)

A- Ye mujhe tumse poochna chahiye ki kya hua, aise kyu baithe ho? (I should ask you this that what has happened to you and why are you sitting like this?)

S-Woh main confuse hoon ki Maine aisa kya keh diya ki tum mere upar bhadak gayi. (I am confused that what did I said that you bursted out on me.)

A-Oh that! Leave it. It happens sometimes with me. Now go and freshen up.

S-Matlab tumhe daure bhi padte hain? (It means you get fits also?)

Anika angrily glares at him.

A-Ab mujhe gussa mat dilao. Aur jao freshen up ho jao tab tak main neeche aunty ke paas ja rahi hoon. (Don't make me angry and go n freshen up till then I'll go to aunty.)

Shivaay gets scared and immediately runs inside washroom.

Anika chuckles at his innocence.

A- My Innocent Singh Oberoi.

She smiles and goes downstairs. She reached kitchen and saw aunty making lasagna.

A-Wow, aunty. This is looking delicious.

Rose aunty smiles at her.

R-Thanks child. It was your uncle's recipe.

A-Wow. Uncle knows cooking. You're very lucky. Btw where is he? I didn't see him.

Aunty gets sad and looks down.

R-He's no more.

Anika feels bad for her and side hugs her.

A-I am so sorry aunty. I didn't know about it. Sorry.

R-Its ok, child. Why are you saying sorry? It was destiny. I still love him like before.

Anika smiles at her.

A-Aunty, you live alone?

Rose aunty nods her head.

R-I have a son but he lives in London with my daughter-in-law and my grandson. He sends me monthly expenses. He doesn't get time to visit here because of work but I am fine with it as work is more important.

Aunty says while smiling sadly. Anika feels bad for her.

R-Tumko pata hai humne tumhe aur tumhara husband ko kyu rakha yahan? (You know that why I let you & your husband live here?)

Anika nods her head in no.

R- kyunki tum dono humko humara son & DIL ka yaad dilata hai. Humne socha ki agar tum dono kuch din ke liye yahan rahega toh hume apna beta ki kami mehsoos nahi hoga.😢 (Because you made me remember my son and DIL. I thought that if you both will live here then I will also not miss my son.)

Anika immediately hugs her tightly.

A-Ab hum bhi aapke bete aur bahu hain aur jab bhi apko humari yaad aaye aap hume phone kijiyega aur hum apke saamne honge. I promise. (We are also your son and DIL and whenever you will miss us, just give us a call and we will be in front of you. I promise.)

The old lady smiles widely and pats her head.

Shivaay also heard their conversation and felt proud of Anika.