Chapter 13

Jihyo stood dumbfounded as the cardio surgeon walked pass her without saying anything. She was asking her about their routine - visiting Jungkook oppa every year. Lisa's face was blank and emotionless. Lisa was very sensitive about the topic. They always did it the gentlest way to bring that up, subtly asking and waited for her respond. And that was exactly what Jihyo did. 

After the question, Lisa usually hardened her jaw then sighed then let a low 'okay! out.  But this time, she probably didn't even mind her presence.

"Hey! Good thing you guys are here!" Jihyo greeted her friends. She was hungry and wanted to steal some food from surgery department, lounge. She went straight to the refrigerator without further ado - mussing its content. 

"I just saw Lisa. I ask her if it's okay if we go visit Jungkook oppa tomorrow. She looks like a ghost. You know, blank and drag her feet emotionless," Jihyo said, while opening a plastic box containing Chicken Katsu, she put one piece into her mouth and chewed it. "I haven't seen her like that since.." 

She stood up at the same blank face on Seulgi's and Jisoo's face.

"Oh god, what the hell did you guys do!?"

"I-I should go. find her. It's my fault," Jisoo abruptly moved from her place. 

"No, Chu. Don't." Seulgi said sternly.

"If she do something stupid, Seul, I can never forgive myself."

Jihyo didn't have a clue on what was going on. But she knew something really bad happened. 

"It is not wise if she sees you now, Jisoo. She won't hear whatever you say. Let her calm down first then maybe we can talk to her." Jihyo said.

"This is my fault, It is my responsibility to make sure she's okay,"

"Lets not do this is my mistake or your mistake. We are all in blame here. Lisa is an adult, she perfectly understand the consequences if ever she do something fool." The anesthesiologist tried to explain. 

"Let her be for now. We'll talk later."

*****

The woman on the couch lowered the TV volume as she heard the front door cracked open. She held her breath waiting for the certain person she had been avoiding for the past weeks to come and greet her. Lisa wasn't home last night. She was probably on call, she thought.

She heard the door close. She exhaled some oxygen from her lungs. For some vague reason, she felt nervous. She wondered if the situation would make them back to the beginning? She couldn't imagine the awkwardness. It was unbearable. Or would they be just like the usual? Lisa was an expert in ignoring such circumstances.

"Lisa?" She called as the sound of something fall reached her ears. 

No respond. 

"Lisa-ah!?" She quickly got off from the couch and ran towards the front door. She gasped to the sight of Lisa on the floor.

"Lisa, are you okay?" She turned over her body only to catch very strong alcohol smell. "Are you drunk!?"

The girl on her lap slumped. She slurred, "No, I is tipsyy." she chuckled.

"Come on, get up. Lets get you clean up," Jennie struggled to lift her small body. The latter wasn't cooperative at all. With all the strength she had, Jennie led her to the bedroom.

Now she wasn't sure where Lisa was last night or what was the reason she drunk this severe. Since Jennie moved in, wine was the only alcoholic drink Lisa consumed. And she was always totally sober.