• Chapter 11 •

Grey

I gasped as his knee collided with my chest. He grabbed my collar and flung me to the ground. I laid there helplessly as he continuously kicked me in my stomach. I covered my face with my hands as I whimpered in pain. I coughed as he kicked the same place over and over without a break.

After a few more kicks he stopped, satisfied with the damage he had done. I could hear his heavy breathing sounding through the empty hallway.

"Get up," he growled, nudging me with his foot. "I said, get up!" He pulled me up by my hair and slammed me against the wall. I felt liquid oozing down my neck as my vision grew hazy. He raised his fist and punched me square in the jaw causing me to groan in pain. A metallic taste filled my mouth as tears slid down my bruised face.

"Piece of shit," he hissed, his breath had a strong smell of alcohol. An ugly sob escaped my lips as I looked down. He released his grip from my hair and walked away. I slowly slid down the wall tears burning my vision. I pulled my knees up to my chest burning my face in my hands as I cried. Everything hurt. It hurt so bad.

I heard light footsteps approach me causing me to immediately snap my head up. A jolt excruciating pain shot through my body at the sudden movement. As soon as my gaze focused on the two figures I realized who they were was. They were my foster siblings, Alan and Madeline.

Madeline kneeled down next to me as she slowly touched a cut on my cheek. I hissed in pain as I narrowed my eyes at her. "Alan, get some bandages from the cabinet," Madeline ordered, biting her lip as she inspected my injuries. Alan nodded and walked away. "I saw what happened. How bad does it hurt?"

"Like hell," I groaned, trying to push myself up but just ended up sending another shot of pain flare through my body.

"Don't move," she hissed, caressing my face. Her deep blue eyes bore into mine. "It'll be okay. Just focus on my voice. Um, let me think. Ah, yes.
So Grey, I mean you don't look terrible, except right now you do but that's not the point. Anyway, considering the fact that you aren't completely ugly, I was wondering if you have a girlfriend?"

"No, I don't," I huffed, rolling my eyes. She was trying to distract me but I wasn't falling for her nice act. "Why are you being so nice to me?"

"Who said I was being nice? I literally just told you that you're sorta ugly. What do you think I meant by that?" She scoffed, a small smiling playing at the corner of her lips. Before I could reply Alan walked up to us holding a first aid kit in his hand. Madeline took the kit from him and slowly opened it up.

She took out a small bottle with few bandages and looked back at me with a smile. "This might hurt just a little," She put some of the liquid in the bottle - which I guessed was disinfectant - onto a cotton ball and slowly dabbed it on my cuts. I winced at the stinging sensation each time the cold liquid came in contact with my cuts.

After she was done she carefully bandages the cuts. "Okay, I need you to bring your legs down so I can take a look at your ribs,"

I nodded and slowly brought my knees down from my chest. She hesitantly lifted up my shirt and her eyes widened. "Is it that bad?" I asked, letting out a dry chuckle. Her gaze slowly met mine, pity flooding her features. She slowly placed her hand on my stomach and felt around.

"Nothing's broken thankfully," she said, letting out a sigh of relief. "But you're completely bruised up. I wouldn't recommend you play basketball anytime soon,"