• Chapter 20 •

Grey

Today was the day. I was going to suck it up and do it. I was finally going to tell Theo how I felt and be ready to probably get punched in the face.

I knew exactly what I was going to say (Maddie may have helped me) and I was going to do it. I was prepared and ready. So why the hell can't I knock on his front door and why is my hand shaking so bad?

The sad part is that I know the answer to both of those questions. It was plain and simple. Nerves.

Why do humans have to get nervous? Why am I a human? Life would be so much easier if I was fucking housefly or something. All I need to is annoy people and eat food. Two things which I already do. But sadly, I was still human. Not a housefly buzzing around trash cans or at picnics. I was a weak, pathetic little human who was too scared to knock on a door.

Great.

Suck it up, Grey Andrews. Just suck it up, put your humanly nerves to the side and fucking knock.

I did it. I knocked.

Oh shit. Shit, shit, shit. I did it. I knocked. No, no, no. My mind felt blank, all the lines I had rehearsed over and over in my bathroom had flown out if my brain. Are you kidding me? Any other day brain, any other fucking day and you choose TODAY to stop working?!

I heard the door creak open and I was right about ready to throw up. But thankfully, I didn't. "Grey?" Theo said, looking at me with his startling green eyes making me hold my breath. "What are you doing here?"

"I-uh, um-uh, I uh- wanted to-uh, t-tell you something." I fumbled out, sounding like an absolute blubbering idiot.

"Oh." He said, losing his composure for a split second. He bit his lips anxiously as his intense gaze bore into my scared one. I immediately dropped my head, looking at the ground. "Go on."

"I-its just that I-What I wanted to say was that," I stuttered out idiotically. I took in a deep breath drawing my gaze back to his face and then to his platinum hair which glowed in the sun. I was going to do this. "Okay. First of all, I wanted to apologize for kissing you. It was complete douchebag thing to do and I didn't even think about what you would feel. But I need to tell you that that kiss meant something to me even if it didn't for you." My voice wavered. "I-I l-like you, Theo. And I'm so, so sorry-"

"Grey I-"

"Please just let me finish," I begged, tears stinging my eyes. "I get if your disgusted by me or if you're repulsed but that's o-okay. Because no matter what, I'll still like you. And I really don't want to lose you-"

"Grey, listen-"

"Please, just one second," I whispered, my gaze falling down to my feet. "I can't lose you. So punch me or hit me or swear at me but please, please don't leave me-"

"For fuck's sake, Grey shut up!" Theo yelled, and I squeezed my eyes shut as I took a step backwards. I waited for him to hit me but he didn't. "I will never leave you because I like you too much. I like you, too, Grey. Oh my god, I like you so freaking much it's sad."

My eyes shot open as my mouth fell agape in shock. A feeling of warmth spread through my body at what he said and I felt my face slowly flushing red.

He gave me a sheepish smile, his face now a crimson colour. "Y-you do?" I stammered, dumbly.

He shook his head his facing going brighter. "I do."

"C-can I kiss you?" I blurted out with a dorky grin covering my face as I felt my face heat up so much that I thought it would explode. He shot a be a toothy smile making his pearly whites glow brightly.

He pulled me inside the house slamming the door shut behind him. I stared up at him with sparkling eyes. "Yes." He breathed.

I felt my breath hitch in my throat as I stood on my tiptoes before placing my lips on his.

His lips felt soft and just as fast as the kiss started it ended. In books, I've heard of sparks flying or fireworks bursting but the only feeling that flooded through me was warmth.

I felt him slip his hands around my waist before pulling me towards him causing a small gasp to fall from my lips.

This time he kissed me.

This time it wasn't as soft and quick as before. I felt his lips move against mine in urgency as our breath mingled together. He tasted sweet, just like honey.

I laced my hands on either side of face pushing us deeper into the kiss. I was glad he was holding me up or my buckled knees would have given out by now.

Our lips moved against one another in perfect sync and I didn't want it to end.

We both pulled away, gasping, out of breath, with swollen lips and flushed faces.

"Shit," I breathed, smiling widely up at Theo. And he smiled right back making my insides feel like nothing. "I missed you," I whispered, still slightly out of breath.

"I missed you, too." He said, running his hand through his platinum locks. His tan skin was tinted pink and his bright green eyes shone with happiness.

I wrapped my arms around him burying my face in his chest. I felt his arms wrap around my body as well. I felt tears leaking out of my eyes. But they were no longer sad tears, I was too happy for those right now. I sniffled against his shirt and he quickly pulled away from me, his worried face searching my blotchy one.

"What's wrong?" He asked, concern lacing his words, as he caressed my face in his palms.

I shot him a watery smile. "Absolutely nothing," I whispered, gently placing a hand on his face. "Nothing at all."

He smiled before pulling me towards the couch. We sat down next to each other our shoulders brushing. My heart pounded in my chest feeling happy as ever. He liked me back. I can't believe it. Theodore fucking Smith likes me back.

I heard him shift beside me and so I turned to face him. Our faces were inches away from each other and I felt his warm breath on my lips. "I like you so much," Theo said, his intense green eyes making my face heat up once more.

"I like you so much, too," I said, giggling slightly.

Since when did I giggle?

He's turning me into a softie.

And the scary part was, that I didn't mind.

Finally! My babies are together!
I can't believe this book is nearly over. But not quite yet my lovelies. Also, two updates in one day. Yee.

Loads of love.
Anya