✣ Detox; Chapter Twenty-One ✣

"You and Prince Lotor.

In a room together.

Alone. For the first time, (by your own choice)."

...

"So," He erupts a grumble, clearing his throat. Across the room on a whole other couch, he sits politely, his hands folded neatly. "Let us begin."

"I understand that you've come to help the team, but you can't deny that your past is inexcusable." You say, jumping right into it. You've had a bottle of suppressed rant capped on this man for so long, too long, and you're just about ready to pop the cork right on his face.

"Correct." He says. Well.. at least he admitted it. Short-handedly, yes. It's becoming more and more apparent that you're being expected to do most of the talking here, and that's not really going to fly with your half of the room.

"Do you have anything to say?" You ask, folding your arms in tighter, sitting up taller. He looks confused, as if a teacher accused him for a telling his hopeful friend that Santa Claus didn't exist.

"Well, I already gave my apology in the docking bay, so I'm finding it rather hard to find something exactly appropriate to say. At the moment, that is." He adds.

"You don't think I have any questions? You don't feel like elaborating on that apology even a little bit?" You say, more of a suggestion than a list of ideas. He smirks playfully.

"Y/n, what if I have questions as well?"

"Then feel free to ask while I'm willing to answer." You reply. He leans a bit back, in thought. Good questions are floating all around in his head, it's just about picking only one and at the right time.

"How much of the spell period do you.. remember?" He asks. Should he know that you remember anything? Should he be aware that you probably didn't even see the worst of his odd set of sins?

"We've recovered everything up until the dinner where I met your parents. Other than that, I've yet to remember." Lotor nods. The look on his face shows shame, and the tints offer the idea of slight embarrassment. "Did.. did it not go so well?"

"No, no it didn't." He sighs, looking awkwardly to the left. You look there, and there's nothing special but the end of a couch and a wall. "You see, my mother has been missing for many pheobs, so the only family I have left is the Emperor. Though, I do not consider him family any longer."

You nod, leaning forward in interest. "The only person who cared to show up that night was the witch. She was never even offered an invitation, but my father insisted that she go since he would be too busy with this work in the control room. As always." The last two words end the sentence with a mumble.

"And how did I react?"

Lotor frowns, yet he has more lingering interest in his eyes than he did at first. "The spell worked, didn't it? You were perfect. But. . . you weren't Y/n.

"You see, throughout the entire time span of the spell, you weren't.. yourself. Before the process, I took note of your polite forwardness, intellect and talents. Afterward, it was just.." He motions his hands, as if it will help him conjure up an idea. "as if a light had gone out. All of that was washed away, and you were bland. Clingy. Unmotivated. Craving my attention at all times, like a pet who can't be left alone. Your {eye color} tones washed away by a gold that looked promising, yet only from a distance. You were.. blank."