Hold on Tight!

Toothless's POV

I woke up this morning with sun shining strait down on me, definitely not the most comfortable way to wake up. I yawn. It takes a minute for my senses to render properly and that's when I notice Twilight's not under my wing. My hearing finally catches up with my sight and I hear talking on my far right, Twilight is chatting to Stormfly. I'm glad she's finally starting to open up, and for some reason, she looks much happier. I like her better when she's happy, it goes well with her. I get up and stretch, then walk over to the fish trough. I gulp down some fish then I slither out of the arena, I should go check up on Hiccup. I miss him and I have a need to fly. I guess Twilight hasn't flown for some time either though, I will try to get Hiccup to understand that she needs to fly. I eventually get to Hiccup's house and I jump in through the window and make my way over to the sleeping Hiccup. I still sleep in here but I go out to the arena more often to keep an eye on Twilight. I waddle over to Hiccup's bedside and nudge him, he grumbles and turns away. I blow some breath on him and he just grumbles more. I decide it's time for the ultimate wake up call, the 'lick you until you wake' method. I lick Hiccup and he falls out of bed, groaning tiredly in the process.

"Okay, okay... I'm up..." Hiccup yawns and stands up. He gets dressed and eats breakfast, then he comes outside where I have been patiently waiting. He hops on my back and we head out for our usual morning flight.

20 minutes later...

We land gracefully back at Hiccup's house after our exiting morning flight. This is a sort of off day for Hiccup where he has a lot of time to do the things he wants. He gets off and pats my head. I look at him and then look at my saddle, he looks confused. I then look directly at the arena and huff.

"Oh I get it, Twilight is feeling the need to fly huh?" He asks with a sigh. I nod briskly.

"Alright, I'll get the gang together and we can all head over. Though she may not take kindly to people riding her."Hiccup sighs.

10 minutes later...

Hiccup got the gang together and now we are all heading to the arena, I hope I can convince her to let Hiccup ride on her back...

Twilight's POV

I was in the middle of a decent conversation with Stormfly when I was abruptly interrupted by the humans and Toothless walking towards me.

"What's going on?" I ask, confused but cautious.

"Well, I found a way to let Hiccup know that you felt the need to fly but, well..." Toothless tells me swiftly before looking at my saddle. Oh no. I refuse to let anyone ride me, ever.

"NO WAY!" I shout at him.

"It's the only way they will let you fly until they can trust you!" He tries to reason with me. Those words actually made me think for a moment. If I got them to trust me I could fly away and escape! But do you really want to leave? An inner voice said. Of course I do! But deep down I knew I was starting to get attached to this place and its residents.

"Fine..." I grumbled, this was definitely not a thing I wanted to do on my checklist of life but if it's the only way... but as I mentioned before, sacrifices have to be made for freedom. I walk over to Hiccup and nod slowly, still reluctant. I guess he could sense that because he was slow when getting on me, making sure I was comfortable. My respect for Hiccup just went up a bit. I finally get to walk out of the arena, the air smells so much nicer out here! The air in there smelled of dragon sweat, smoke, and fish. I walk to the edge, I feel the eyes of Toothless, the other dragons, and the other humans on my back. Almost peering into my soul. I stretch out my wings, I may have let this human get on me but I will make sure flying me is a difficult task. I suddenly burst off the ground in a swarm of energy.

"AAAAHHH!" I hear Hiccup yell. I fly at least twice around the island twice and go through the forest with ease. It's overall, a crazy flight, as some might say.

5 minutes later...

Man it feels good to get that out of my system! I land back on the edge and I can feel Hiccup slide off my back. I look at him and laugh, his hair looks like a sheep that just survived a tornado and his face was pale. He looked like he had just seen his life flash before his very eyes. He looks at me and glares, but I can see the amusement in his eyes. Toothless runs over to Hiccup and gives him a big lick, Hiccup instantly looks better for some reason. The colour comes back to his cheeks and even though he hates the saliva he seems happy to see Toothless, they have a really nice bond. I walk back into the arena and go to a corner, I use my fire to heat up the area around me and curl up and sleep. What an amusing day.