I Love You

Toothless's POV

I woke up to snowflakes landing on my nose. I yawned and lifted my head to the sky, squinting because I had just woken up. What happened yesterday? I can hardly remember, the last thing I remember was Twilight telling me something and I blacked out. It was spring but snow still fell now and then but I'm glad it's only light snow that will vanish later. Next to me was soundly sleeping Twilight, how was she not woken up by the snow? It's so cold! She looks so peaceful and pretty when she's sleeping. Now that I think about it actually if we slept out here Hiccup and Kania will probably be wondering where we are, I should wake up Twilight.

"Hey, wake up sleepy head..." I whisper into her ear softly. I hear her let out a tired snort before curling herself closer to herself.

"Come on, please? Kania will be worried about you if you don't go find her soon." I tell her, nudging her chest encouragingly. Finally Twilight wakes up with a big yawn and stretch, then she shakes the snow off her scales.

"Good morning Tooth, how did you sleep?" She asks, her eyes struggling to stay open.

"Fine thank you, though I can't really remember what happened before I went to sleep yesterday. I think you said something but I didn't catch it." I tell her. At this, her eyes shoot open almost in alarm, odd.

"N-nothing! I think your mind played tricks on you! When your tired your brain can do that!" She stresses out quickly, a light shade of pink forming on her cheeks. She looks kind of cute when she acts like that. I sigh in a daze and she has to lick my nose to snap me back to reality.

"Hey, are you okay? Do you need to go see Gothi?" She asks with a face of concern.

"No I'm fine, just thinking about something." I breathe out the reply.

"Thinking about what?" She asks tilting her head to the side. I'm thinking about you, but of course, I say this in my head. I just then and there realized what this feeling in my chest was, I don't know why it took so long to figure it out. I love Twilight. I love everything about her, her eyes, her personality, everything. She makes me feel happy when she's around and she is the world to me. If she was ever in any danger I get angry and worried. I know I love Twilight but what if she doesn't feel the same? I will only find out if I tell her, and I have a plan.

"H-hey, um, can you meet me on the far ledge sticking out on the right side of Berk at sunset? There is something I want to tell you and it's important to tell you there." I almost stutter out.

"I haven't been there before but sure I can meet you there. Can't be too hard to find right?" She asks jokingly. I give a little laugh before running off to prepare. I spent the whole day making the ledge look neat, I moved a few trees out of the way of the view and I made sure snow fell on the flowers so when they melted it would make the flower petals look like they sparkle. I checked in on Hiccup to of curse to make sure he knows I'm okay. It's sunset now and I'm waiting for Twilight, at first I get a little worried she might not come since it had been a while but I remember what she told me and I soon enough hear the soaring noise she usually makes when she is making a sharp turn. Alright, every word counts now. Here I go.

Twilight's POV

I spotted Toothless and start to fly down to him, but I am deep in thought on the way down. I wonder what he had to call me all to tell me something the way out here for? I land and when I take the first glance around I'm breath taken by the scenery. There is water perfectly on flower petals making them glitter and the trees produce the right amount of shade. And don't get me started on the sunset, it's the most beautiful one I have ever seen In my life. I've seen sunsets before but not one as beautiful as this.

"Wow... this is amazing..." I breathe out, still in awe as I walk towards Toothless.

"Do you like it?" He asks nervously.

"Like it? I love it! It's so beautiful!" I exclaim, gazing around. I sit down next to Toothless and take in the sunset.

"So what did you need to tell me?" I ask, a smile on my face.

"Well, um, how do I begin? Uh..." He starts, fidgeting in place. My heartbeat quickens and I feel my face start to heat up.

"H-how about I start w-with your b-beautiful? Your eyes, your scales, you in general are beautiful. Nothing compares to your beauty." He starts nervously, stuttering now and then. My face gets instantly hotter and my heartbeat quickens even more.

"I k-know we haven't known each other for as long as a year b-but..." He continues, stuttering. At this point, my heartbeat is bouncing out of my chest and my face is burning.

"I-I... uh.." He almost finishes.

"You what?" I ask nervously, almost feeling like I'm going to pass out on the spot.

"I... I love you..." He tells me, staring into my eyes. When he tells me this my heart explodes into sparkles and my face probably looks redder than a tomato.

"I-I know you probably don't feel the same, so I won't blame you for rejecting me-" I cut him off before he can say anymore. I entwine my tail with his, touching my nuzzle to his and stare into his emerald eyes.

"I love you to Toothless." I tell him, face hot and heart pounding. He looks shocked for a moment before smiling with relief and happiness. We both close our eyes at the same time the sun finally goes down and the stars light up the sky. When he told me he loved me I felt like my whole life finally made sense, like everything now adds up to this moment. That emotion I was usually feeling around him was love and I was sure of it when told me he loved me, I loved him too. When we opened our eyes again we were both blushing like mad and we settled down for a long happy sleep. No one will notice if we stay here tonight. We settle next to each other and doze into a deep, loving slumber.