Are You Ready?

Twilight's POV

I feel good this morning, the sun is shinning, Terrible Terrors are singing and my flying need has been appeased. I stretch my legs and go over to the fish basin, I pick out my favorite fish. Brown Trout. I gobble it down quick. Then I jump onto the roof of the cage and curl up like a bat. I usually do this when I am thinking or trying to decide something, and what I'm thinking about is pretty important. I am thinking about everything that has happened so far and how I feel about it. Do I still want to escape? These humans and their 'friends' have been so... nice to me. I always thought humans were always just bad and wanted to do nothing but harm dragons. But these people seem to be kind to dragons and live among them instead of against them. Toothless is kind to me and has made feel safer than I ever have before, I feel a little connected to him. I wont try to deny it anymore, I actually kind of like it here. Minus the whole stuck in the arena thing and no free will of flying. But aside from that everything I have experienced here is nothing more than kind and curious gestures. I like the other dragons and the humans just look at me like I'm one of the best things in the world. But I still want to escape, not because I hate it here though. Because I want to avenge my family. I know now not all people are bad and that only some of them are as cruel as I saw them. Meatlug mentioned it to me once that those kind of humans were dragon hunters and trappers that hunted down dragons for their scales and other reasons I wish not to mention. If I die in the process than what ever, if I survive, yay. If I never come back here though it's not the end of the world, but I guess I would miss Toothless. Speaking of him, here he comes.

"Hey Twilight, can you come down for a minute?" He asks me, sounding serious. I jump down and land in front of him.

"What is it?" I ask, worried. Did I do something wrong?

"I was listening in on one of Hiccup's conversations and I heard him say he wanted to get you a proper rider." He tells me, looking right into my eyes. A rider?! I don't know how I should feel about that...

"But he- I want to know if you're feeling ready. We won't force you into anything you aren't comfortable with." He tells me gently. I think about it for a second, this could be my ticket out of here and off to avenge my family! But did I really want to leave? I guess I would decide when the time comes.

"I'm ready." I reply sternly.

"Really? Are you sure?" He asks almost surprised I accepted so quickly.

"I'm sure." I say with a smile. His face seems to turn a small shade of pink. I wonder what that's about?

"I'm going to wait in here with you and the others until Hiccup gets here, alright?" He tells me kind of awkwardly.

"Yeah whatever, It's not like I own this place or something." I reply with a shrug and walk off. I wasn't sure if it was the fish but I suddenly felt really excited about getting my own rider. Strange, well whatever. Whatever happens, happens right? I guess I will just have to wait and see.