Thank You

It is an indescribable feeling to finish a book

It is an indescribable feeling to finish a book. Anyone who has can relate to what that means. Anyone who loves books can equate it to when you reach that final page and there's nothing left to read. You feel complete, and yet, there's that bitter after taste as you realize:

Oh shit. There's nothing left to read.

That's pretty much how I felt when I typed that last word — together. For so long, I never knew how this book was going to end. Fourteen year old me was just inspired by the idea of waking up married to the love of your life. The hopeless romantic that I was (am) I just had to write about it. So, Amber and Carter were born. I never knew where they were gonna go along the way. Never really knew how Mark would tie into the plot. Didn't even know that Amber's mom wasn't her mom. The only thing I knew about Amber and Carter was that no matter what, they would end up together.

How fitting that the word fell so perfectly into that last line, and in a way, it made saying goodbye to this story a little easier. This chapter in Amber's life has officially closed, and in some ways, I feel the same. For ten years, this story has been gnawing at me, tugging at me, pissing me off, and forcing me to grow in ways I never thought I would. For a decade, I have been transforming these characters from their basic ideas — fun fact, Mark's original name was Cam — into who they are now. For so long, I thought I would not finish this book, that it would sit on a shelf in my head and never see the light of day.

Then, I found the most incredible support group, and my life was changed for the better.

Wattpad was never something I expected to get addicted to. Yes, I am admitting my problem. I learned my lesson from Mark (too soon?). Growing on this site might not always be the easiest in terms of getting reads, but my writing has blossomed under this platform. Not only that, the connections are something I truly did not expect. I would not feel right ending this book without properly thanking those who helped me the most through this process. Whether it was from the early days of Corey Whitfield, or those who helped tremendously through the gruesome editing process, each and everyone of you has not only shaped my Wattpad experience, but this story too.

First, a shout out to my amazing Beta Readers. It's funny how I found them both after applying to be their reader first! I picked your stories because I saw something special in both of them, and I so appreciate you feeling the same way about Falling.

thegapinthedoor You came into this book when she was practically complete...which is exactly when I needed the most support. Right around the time I was doubting if this book was worth investing more time in, you sped through it and left me tons of comments that honestly made my day. Just seeing you stay up all night to finish it (something I've done with countless books in the past) was the boost I needed to believe that people not attached to these characters from the jump could still fall in love with them. Thank you for being that little beacon of light at the end of the tunnel.