Chloe | Truth and Dare

Truth and Dare

Truth and Dare

Chloe slammed into the locker room, her temper barely controlled.

"What the hell is your problem?" she shouted, storming up to Tori perched alone on one of the benches. Her head was down as she laced up her sneakers, not acknowledging Chloe at all.

"Did I fucking stutter?" Chloe didn't think she'd ever been so mad, and Tori's indifference definitely wasn't helping. "I said, what the hell is your—"

"You are, Chloe," Tori spit, her head snapping up. "Do you always have to be such a one-upper? You really couldn't let me have this one stunt, could you?"

"Are you serious?" Chloe asked, bewildered. "Coach yanked you from the stunt because — shocker — you couldn't fucking hit it, not because of anything I did. How does that give you the right to try and drop me during it!?"

"You can't prove anything," Tori said petulantly, jumping to her feet. "And I have the right to do whatever I want when you constantly go out of your way to make me look bad."

"Trust me, you don't need any help from me in that department," Chloe retorted, squaring her shoulders. She didn't know how physical this would get, but if Tori didn't start backpedaling soon, they'd both be finding out.

"And yet, any chance you get to show how great and talented and happy you are, you take it. It always has to be about you, Chlo, no matter what." Breathing heavily, Tori didn't let her eyes waiver as she inched closer. "No matter who you hurt in the process."

Chloe geared up to come back at her, but stopped short at the last second. Something was off about the argument, especially Tori's side of it. As far as Chloe knew, Tori thrived off their competitive rivalry just as much as she did. Why would she throw a fit about it now?

"What is this really about? Attempted murder is a bit dramatic, even for you." Chloe let some of her anger seep away, and as the red haze cleared from her vision, she became aware of just how close Tori was.

"I'd rather be dramatic than a liar."

Chloe blinked as confusion moved in. "How the hell am I a liar?"

"I saw you with your girlfriend before practice." The words seemed to tumble out of Tori's mouth of their own accord.

Now, there was only confusion. "What does Jane have to do with—"

"You preach how you're so 'real' and don't bullshit, but then you turn around and play Stepford wife to a girl you don't even like. Doesn't get any faker than that."

Chloe had no clue what to say, so she said nothing at all. She had to be missing something; the conversation had gone very left, and Chloe struggled to figure out how. It wasn't like this was the first time Coach had picked her over Tori, and the part about Jane didn't fit into it all.

Until — it did.

"You're jealous."

Tori scoffed, dropping her gaze. "Of what, your split ends? Not likely."

"Not me," Chloe said, barely believing it herself. "Of Jane."

Sighing harshly, Tori finally met her eyes again. "And if I am?"

That sent Choe's head spinning on its axis. She had to be joking — had to be — but that didn't stop Chloe's heart rate from kicking up several notches. What made it all worse was the challenge in Tori's eye. She had laid down her cards and was waiting to see if Chloe would fold.

Question was — should she call Tori's bluff?

"Then kiss me."

The dare fell into Tori's lap like a grenade, one Chloe hadn't meant to throw.

Tori raised a brow. "Oh, you don't think I will?"

Just take it back, Chloe chided herself. Think about Jane. We're happy together.

Weren't they?

"I know you won't."

And like that, Tori's lips crashed down on hers.

The kiss took Chloe by surprise, despite having practically dragged it out of her. All thoughts of Jane flew from her mind as she kissed Tori back, wrapping an arm around her small waist to keep her close. Chloe didn't have much experience in the hook up department, and a heat she'd never felt with her girlfriend pooled between her legs. As Tori took control, kissing Chloe so deeply it was hard to catch her breath, all she could do was go along for the ride and enjoy every second of it.

That is, until sounds of the rest of the squad floated in from the other side of the locker room.

Before Chloe could panic, she was yanked into the nearest shower and a hand smacked firmly over her mouth. Tori reached behind Chloe's back to turn on the faucet, pressing her hand harder when the cold water hit their faces.

They stared at each other as their teammates' voices grew louder on the other side of the curtain. Chloe couldn't speak, but she hoped her eyes conveyed her question clearly.

What the hell is happening?

Tori stretched onto her toes so her lips grazed Chloe's ear. "Like I said, it's always about you. Always has been."

Then, she gingerly moved her hand and got down on her knees.

And Chloe learned just how much she meant it.