𝟏𝟓 | 𝐈'𝐌 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘

I arrived back at Kenickie's trailer to find him at the tiny television watching something. I couldn't get the thought of lying to Leo out of my head. Why not just say it to him straight that he did in fact rape me?

"Hey," I greeted him, dismissing my thought. He looked at me and gave me a nod. "Whatcha watching?"

"Twilight Zone," Kenickie said, not looking at me.

"What episode?" I asked.

"Hitchhiker."

"Mind if I join?" I asked, walking down to the master bedroom to change. I placed the Scorpion patch in my leather jacket. I slipped into some pjs that were in truth, lingerie, but they were so soft that after a hard day I would just lounge around in them. I tied a faux silk robe around myself.

"Sure," Kenickie yelled back at me. I walked back to where he was sitting and sat down on the open space next to him on the loveseat. After some trippy scenes, I found myself nestled close to him.

"Charles?" Kenickie shook me. I turned to him, my heavy lids making it hard to keep my eyes on him.

"Yeah?"

"What's your last name?" Kenickie looked at me expectantly, but I was a little taken back to really process his question. My last name? Why would he want to know that?

"Wilson," I responded. "Why?"

"Just wondering," Kenickie shrugged. "It's just that, I don't know much about you."

"Well, there ain't much to know," I smiled up at him, genuinely touched that he wanted to know more about me. "I'm just a girl from Brooklyn."

"Stop lying, you're so much more than that," Kenickie said softly. In the corner of my eye, the main character of tonight's episode was in the car with a man and they were all smiley at each other. That's how I felt.

"Well, I'm a girl who has an abusive father. I'm a rebel that really likes Elvis and who could care less about life. I love cars, but not ones that my enemies drive and I think that saying 'Gee oh, golly!' is vintage slang." I blabbered on. Kenickie smiled softly at my rambling and his arm got tighter around my shoulders.

"Well, I'm a kid from Los Angeles who's a rebel and could care less about the future as well. I love cars too and I'd rather win over my enemies' cars. I think that you're the most interesting girl there is," Kenickie repeated his interests back at me and I smiled at how similar we were.

"Wow, you think I'm interesting? Did you hit your head?" I grabbed his face to examine him and he smiled gently as he chuckled. "No, but, you really think I'm interesting?"

"Of course. More interesting than Rizzo, that's for sure," Kenickie said. I frowned at this, but didn't let Kenickie see. Even though Rizzo has been a pain in the ass for all of my school life here, she's still a human who has feelings. But, I just chuckled along.

We watched the rest of the Twilight Zone episode and by now, I was practically merged with Kenickie. He took off his shirt, claiming it was too warm in the middle of the program. When the credits came on, I released my grasp and stood up to go to bed.

"Well, I' ll see you tomorrow," I sighed and stretched.

"See ya," Kenickie nodded and headed to the bed over the driver's seat.

Once I was lying in bed, I couldn't get the nightmares that accumulated from the show out of my head. After a while, I couldn't take it.

"Kenickie?" I squeaked out.

"Charles? What's wrong?" Kenickie showed up at the door frame.

"I can't sleep," I mumbled, half-hopping he'd stay with me. "Can you sleep here? Only for tonight."