𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓻: 1978
𝓵𝓸𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷: 𝓵𝓸𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼

[ the italics are the words that I changed and I really recommend to listen to the song :) ]

"I got my first real four-wheel," the radio played. I smiled, my aging features reflecting back to me in the car I was sitting in. Aging is an exaggeration, but I didn't look a lot like I did back in high school.

Kenickie and I are married. We got married a month after we graduated high school.

"Bought it at the dump at night," Kenickie belted out as he drove Greased Lightnin'. He wasn't any different besides his large, long and floofy hair. Nothing lasts forever sadly. He didn't look different, though. His face looked more matured.

"Rode it 'til it didn't shine," I jumped in with my husband. "Was the summer of fifty-nine!"

"Me and some guys from school, had a gang and we tried real hard," Kenickie and I hummed along. Danny and Sandy got married, Sonny and Marty are going steady, Frenchy and Doody got married, as did Jan and Putzie. I have no idea where Rizzo is, or if she's even still in LA.
"Sonny quit, Danny got married!" Kenickie changed the names to fit our lives. I laughed at him as we rode on the highway.

"I should've known we'd never get far..."

"Oh, when I look back now, that summer seemed to last forever!" We sang at the top of our lungs. I used my old blue lighter as a microphone.

"And if I had the choice, yeah, I'd always wanna be there!"

"Those were the best days of my life!" We laughed as we began rocking out to the beat.

"Ain't no use in complainin', when you've got a job to do," we sang together. If you're wondering, Kenickie is a taxi driver (a/n if you get this reference, bless your soul!), staying true to his love of cars, and I was a waitress at a busy local bar. Our jobs weren't glamorous, but they got the bills paid, put food on the table and they kept us happy.

"Spent my evenings down at the school," we sang and Kenickie turned to me abruptly, singing the next lyric to me. "And that's when I met you, yeah!"

"Standin' on the dusty road, you told me that you'd wait forever!" The singer belted out. It reminded me of the time when Kenickie left me on his dusty driveway, back in
high school.

"Oh, and when you held my hand, I knew that it was now or never!"

"Those were the best days of my life! Oh, yeah!"

"Back in the summer of fifty-nine, oh...!" Kenickie and I sang, reminiscing of the time in high school.

"Man, we were killin' time, we were young and restless! We needed to unwind..." Kenickie smirked at the lyrics as he looked at me. I rolled my eyes and hit his head, telling him to keep his eyes on the road.

"I guess nothin' can last forever, forever, no..."

"And now the times are changin', look at everything that's come and gone," I sang along, thinking about my old high school friends.

"Sometimes when I ride that old four-wheel," Kenickie sang loudly. "I think about you, wonder what went wrong!"

"Standin' on the dusty road, you told me that it'd last forever!" I sang as I looked out of the rolled-down window.