Part 8

_
A N D I

All I could hear was sirens.

Loud blaring sounds filled my ears as I cried hysterically for the guy I loved.

Yes, I loved Cole so much. After my parents had outed me to him, he stayed.

I lost all my friends and family except my parents when I came out. Can you guess which friend I lost in that coming out story. Yep. . .Lenny. He was my best bud. I thought he wouldn't have a problem with it since we were so close. But boy was I wrong.

Now Cole has to pay for it.

I was sitting in the ambulance with Cole's hand tightly gripped in mine as we drove quite fast to the hospital.

When we made our way to the hospital. The nurses quickly rushed to his side and took him in a random room. "Sir, you have to stay here." She put her hand on my chest so I could calm down. "No! I have to be with him." I cried out screaming at her. I love him so much that I'd doing anything for him.

But staying here without him was torture.

As soon as the nurse was about to say something Cole's mom came in crying just like me. "Oh. . .my. . .goodness Andi. What is going on? I want to see my baby." She hugged me, I took a good look at her. She was still in her scrubs, which were a light baby blue, and her hair was in a tight bun. "I'm sorry ma'am but we can't let anyone see him until he is stabilized." The nurse mocked sounding like she was becoming irritated. I guess Ms. Davis caught on because she was scary mad. "I don't give a rats ass! You get in that room and give us something because I'm pretty sure you dont care. But you know what I DO! So get your ass in there and help my son." DAMN! Ms. Davis is serious.

The nurse scurried away scared that Ms. Davis was going to have her head if she stayed any longer.  "Now Andi tell me what happened." She sweetly cried going back to her calm resolved self.

Such a big change!

I told her what happened and eyes were wide and more tears were shared between the both of us.

_
"I know you love him." Ms. Davis came back with two cups of coffee in her hand.

We had been waiting for about a day to see how Cole was. They said they've been doing some testing and didn't want us in the room seeing the state he was in.

My eyes widen as I was coughing extremely and chocking on the coffee. "What! H-How d-do you k-know that?" I stumbled with my words. "A mother knows, and I've been watching him for awhile since he's been here. I know I haven't been around much with work and everything. But I love him and I can tell when he's happy with someone. I know you love him and he loves you. But I'm willing to wait for him to tell me." She softly spoke.

"So you accept me for being who I am?" I looked with hope that she'll understand. "Of course sweetheart. Your the only one in his school he talks about constantly and made friends with. He was abused a lot as a child by his father for stupid reasons. And I didn't want him to have that life so I brought him here in order to make a new. When he came back from his first day of school he was so animated with the stories of a new friend. I knew that whoever had enough effort and time to put up with the shy, small, quiet boy had won my heart forever and always." She ended with me feeling light.

Wow. He talks about me! I felt so happy, even if he doesn't feel the same way I'll tell him how I feel.

_
After a while of talking we saw the doctor making his way to us. "He is doing much better, but he is still in a weak condition. Would you like to see him?" He said calmly. "Yes!" Me and Ms. Davis shouted simultaneously. "Only family members though, I'm sorry." He looked at me, but Ms. Davis grabbed my arm "He's his boyfriend. That counts for something right?" She blurted. The doctor sighed "I suppose so. Follow me." We walked with him to the room and opened the door, slowly walking in.

"I'm going to give you guys some alone time. I'll be back soon with the results." The doctor acknowledged as we sat down in the chairs by Cole's bed.

Ms. Davis rushed to his side and started running her hands on his cheeks. "Mom?" His voice sounded strangled. "Hey sweetie. How are you feeling?" She cooed running her small fingers in his hair. "Like I got ran over by a truck, but other than that Im fine." He smiled softly.

We all laughed at his humor even though he was attached to all these machines and stuck with needles. "Well okay, I'm going to get you something to eat, and don't you refuse. This is how we got here. Somewhat," She mumbled the last part and walked over to me and winked. I blushed and went to sit next to Cole on the bed.

"Hey. Did you win?" He smirked implementing a smile laugh. "I'd like to think so. But can I ask you something? I know this is probably a bad time and all but I need to get it off my chest." I soothed. He blinked and nodded is eyes were staring straight at me. His big hazel-green eyes looking with curious wonder.

"Cole when I'm with you I feel like my world has been turned upside down. I can't get you out of my mind. I want nothing more than to make you happy. I want to be with you always and I never want to let you go.

So I guess what I'm asking is, will you be my boyfriend Cole Jean Davis?"