You're The one that I love..

(..And I'm saying goodbye.)

She had had it with these trolls, the singing, the dancing, the hugging. It was too much!
Being the only grey troll was too much for her, and (Y/n) had decided to make a choice..

She'd leave the only place she had felt safe for many many years, start off fresh else where. It wasn't like anyone would miss her, she almost always went unnoticed since the other grey troll, Branch..her best friend since childhood, got his colors and happiness back, and she was left forgotten. But as she was packing up what little belongings she had, something pulled at her, ached, not letting her focus.. She couldn't just go without letting him know, just because he forgot about her doesn't mean she'd let him..

Branch was happy, he didn't really know how to express it all that much, and if he was being honest he missed talking to the only other troll who had a silver of common sense in her, but he found he just simply couldn't find the time to talk to her. Ever since they had made an alliance with the bergens, and Bridget and King Gristle got together, Branch found himself as Queen Poppy's most trusted confidant, her right hand man, her bestes friend- but of course he already had someone he considered his bestest friend, possibly even more if she'd let him...
As Branch walked to his bunker, humming leisurely, he stepped on what felt like paper, a small greyish purple envelope. He figured it was another one of Poppy's invitations so he thought nothing of it and picked it up, intending to read it when he got into his basement. But before he could open his door, he heard rustling in the bushes, and footsteps getting farther away, Branch's curiosity got the better of him and he followed them to the source of the sound. There he saw a deep grey troll, grey-er than he ever was.. Her hair was tied in a unique style. Unlike the other troll-ettes, she wore a solemn expression as she walked through the forest path, a rather large bag being carried on her shoulders. It was (Y/n)! Branch called out to her happily, causing the grey troll to stop in her tracks, turning her head and looking for whoever had called out. She spotted Branch and her expression softened slightly before her brows furrowed, and her frown deepened. much to the confusion of Branch who was walking up happily to her, with open arms.
"Branch I-" "(Y/n)! how've ya been? Haven't seen ya in a good while!" He unknowingly cut her off, happy to see his friend alive and well. She wore a hesitant expression, pursing her lips before giving him a smile, he knew all too well was forced, she laughs awkwardly "Heh. Well uh.. I..was just..uh- g-gathering supplies! Yeah! Y'know for my bunker..." Branch nodded in agreement, "oh yeah yeah totally understand how busy that gets! You know, if you need any help I could-" "NO!" She yelled suddenly, shocking Branch. "..." She clears her throat flustered, "-thank you, no thank you! I can uh...handle it on my own no worries!" She adds, a hint of nervousness from the slight crack in her voice. Branch however falls for her excuse smiling at her warmly, "well, I guess I'll leave you to it...hey maybe sometime this week, we could hang out? Like old times?" He asked hopefully, the Grey troll's face showed a pained expression that Branch definitely did not miss. "I...I'll see if I can find the time." She lied, he knew when she lied, she always rubs her arm nervously and averts her gaze when she lies. Branch furrows his eyebrows and his smile drops. "Is..something wrong (Y/-" "No! Nonono, nothings wrong! Everything's all fine and dandy.." She quickly cut him off, forcing herself to smile again, this time Branch doesn't believe it. "(Y/n)-" he starts, "well-LOOKATTHETIMEIT'SREALLYLATEIGOTTAGOBYE!" She hurries off deeper into the forest before eventually using her hair to latch onto a nearby tree, and zip away.

Branch stands there dumbfounded before waving weakly. "..bye?"
It wasn't until later Branch found out, she probably wouldn't ever come back...