Safe and Sound

I remember tears streaming down your face when I said "I'd never let you go..", when all those shadows almost took your light..

" Branch-"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"No!"

"WHY?!"

"....."

"...."

"Cuz you're my friend...and I'll never let you go.."

"...(Y/n).."

I remembered you said-

"Please...don't leave me here alone.."

But all that's gone and passed tonight..

"-Just close your eyes, the sun is going down.."

"We'll be alright!"

"No one can hurt us now.."

"Come morning light... You and I'll be.."

"Safe..and..."

"..Sound..." Branch sang lowly, curled up into a ball in the darkest corner of his bunker.
He couldn't sleep, not when all his dreams plagued him of their memories together, it's almost been 2 years without (Y/n) and Branch had thought the worst had happened to her..during the first year, Poppy allowed him to confide in her and eventually the two grew closer, you could say more than friends.

Poppy's crew had been elated to hear the news and so was king Pappy, and while Branch smiled the brightest he had in ages...there was still something missing in his heart that he knew Poppy couldn't fill. It was gnawing at him inside like a lion gnawing at an antelope...
He had to find her! She never gave up on him why should he give up on her?

"I'll find you (Y/n)...and bring you back..."

"..safe and sound.."