Hidden in plain sight

As the group of trolls finally make it to the confusing tunnels breathless, panting and tired from the trek, Poppy was still her jolly self.

"man that was fast!" she chirps happily as the others groan at her far too happy mood.

"how are you so cheerful all the time?!?" Creek exclaims not able to find the energy to stay his usual zen self, a hand grips his shoulder and he feels a weight pushed on him as Branch pushes himself up off the ground having collapsed as his knees gave out the second they stopped walking. "dude." he starts "dont question it." he pats Creek on the back before walking over to Poppy's side, turning around to face their group, hands on his hips.

"Alright head count. Biggie? Mr. Dinkles?"

"here!" "Kyoo!"

"Suki?"

"Here!"

"Cooper and Smidge?"

"Here!" "riiiight here, my man!"

"Satin and Chenele?"

"Here!" "Here!"

"-Annd that's about all of us.."

"You forgetting someone?"

The entire group shrieks at the sudden new presence, only to find it was just cloud! Poppy chuckles

"Cloud you sneaky little cotton ball! How's it been!!" The queen exclaims, cloud ever his usual weird self just laughs

"Ahaha been doing great princess! I got a couple new roommates recently!" He gestures to a hole in the tree, to which a shadowy figure hides from sight.
Everyone save for Branch paid no mind to it though.

Poppy squeals, "OHOHOH! LEMME GUESS LEMME GUESS! Squirrels?"

Cloud shrugs "for me to know and for you to not know~" he drawls out as he walks away and into one of the troll tunnels

"Come on, I already know what you're here for! So let's get a groove on!" Cloud's voice echoes through the tunnel.

Poppy eagerly follows, dragging Branch who hesitantly goes with, the snack pack and creek coming with..

Meanwhile a certain grey troll sits near the window like hole inside the tree muttering curses at her cloud friend..

  A/n

Yeah I know its been a while but I was distracted by stuuuff oop