Sweet Escape

The wilderness was peaceful, no noise, no loud music, no Poppy- Other trolls to bother you, and especially... No Branch..

...as (Y/n) walks along the dirt road she wonders if she had made the right decision, she sighs "why of all times did he have to talk to me now?!" She whines to herself, she finds herself at the root tunnels that lead to burgen town. She squints trying to adjust to the darkness, she looks back one more time at the green bushes from where she came before taking a deep breath and sauntering inside one of the tunnels, her form slowly disappearing within the darkness..

Branch was deeply sadden, his childhood best friend just up and left without even saying goodbye, but as much as he was anguished to see his friend go, he didn't let that get him grey again. Poppy and the others had tried their best to distract Branch from the thought of losing (Y/n), and though they didn't really know her that much they were also saddened to lose a friend. A year had passed and things were still the same in troll village, with the exception of Branch who now had a routine of sitting out in the field he and (Y/n) used to hang out in when it was just the two of them, just two grey little trolls who had no one but eachother, and reminisce. Branch, despite being surrounded by many friends, even Creek (who they welcomed back with a slight grain of salt due to his motives back in Burgen town.) tried to get Branch to participate more in Poppy's friendly activities but to no avail, Branch always felt a hint of loneliness in his heart. He knew what it was like to be casted out, it hurt, and he had made an effort to make sure (Y/n) didn't feel that hurt, but then he realized instead of preventing her from being hurt..he caused her to be hurt...he wasn't gonna lie to himself, he knew he messed up badly but he didn't want to believe she left because of how careless of a friend he was! She..
"Hi Branch!!!" "AAAAAAH!" Branch jumped to his feet with lightning reflexes just to see it was only Poppy, he lets out a breath of relief, "Hoo man, Poppy! Do. Not. Do that! Like ever." He dusts off his pants and vest from what dirt that stuck to his clothes while he was sitting on the ground. "Whatcha been thinking about Branch?" The excitable Queen asked. Branch gives her an unamused look before rolling his eyes at her playfully, a smirk on his face as he averts his gaze casually "Oh just thinking about..." He drawls on, "About..?" Poppy repeats, hoping to get an answer "Nunnya." He states plainly, a dumfounded expression makes its way to the pink troll as she repeats what he said "N...Nunnya?" She asks, hoping that Branch would shed some light on this foreign term for her. He turns around and faces her with his usual annoyed look, "it's Nunnya business." He finishes, before walking off. Poppy just stands there, questioning what just happened before blinking as her face shifts to realization and then to a neutral look. "Solid burn, Branch." She figures that she should just leave him be and begins walking off to the main town of their village.