Thirty-eight

Last chapter before the end and a quick A/N.

Lief's POV.......

"This had better be the last time I do this." I said placing a box in the back of Kingston's truck.

"Next time we hire movers."

Kingston said.

"I'm going on vacation next time. I'll go visit Sara." I said heading back for more.

"Stop your whining you are only helping move I have to unpack all this shit." Slade said coming out with the last box.

"Yeah but where was you when Clover and Annalise moved or Liam and Cruz moved. Not helping that's for sure." I said laughing.

"Haha, I would have helped but I was on brat duty." Slade said making me laugh.

"True come in let's blow this Popsicle stand." I said hoping in the truck and waited for Kingston. Asher and Slade would be following in Asher's truck.

I waved at pack members as we past them. I was accepted now. People talked to me an didn't sneer or talk shit to me. Liam was accepted it and to me that was the biggest thing for me.

"Finally all the houses are done and we have our house to our selves." Kingston said putting one arm around me.

"Yeah, but I have the skate park going in and the tree house being built." I reminded him.

"I know and a bigger gathering place for our parties." He said.

"Yeah." I said yawning.

I must have fallen asleep because I was woken up by my lovely brother in law putting a rock up my nose.

"You know your just as bad as the kids. I had to take a grape out of fishers ear that Franky put in there." I said.

"Who do you think taught him?" Slade said laughing.

"You are not watching my kids no more." I said yawning again but getting out of the truck.

"You say that now but you'll be calling." He said grabbing a box and running in the house.

"You know I could start opening and dumping shit all over your yard." I yelled.

"You'll find my kinks." He yelled back making me shiver In discuss.

"Gross." I mumbled grabbing a box and following him In the house.

We unloaded everything and headed to Liam and Cruz's for a cook out. The kids were with Sasha and Matt for the night and all of us were on border patrol for the night.

I hate leaving the kids and PJ now that we are all close and have a routine. All that will be messed us soon with school starting. I put my schooling on hold until PJs in school. I'm still working with Dr. Adams though.

"Burgers are done." Liam said as we walked up.

"I'm starved." I said with a sigh. I was tired and needed a nice nap before patrol.

"Eat up an nap guys we are in for a long one tonight." Cruz said.

And that's what I did. I feel asleep in their hammock with Kingston. We all woke an hour before we was to head out.

"Liam and Cruz you head towards the pack. clover and Annalise you head the opposite and we will go down the middle. Slade you and Asher stick to the boarder and will meet by Crawford territory before heading to the other side." Kingston said.

"See ya in about an hour then." Cruz said before him and Liam took off.

"We might stop off for a dip in Lake Creed." clover said as the took off.

"Come on Ash I want to get this done so we can unpack and actually love in our house." Slade said laughing.

"See you in a couple hours." I said before heading behind a tree and shifting. We carried one bag with two pairs of shorts just in case we need to shift.

We ran for hours and it felt good. The night was warm and the moon was bright. It was the perfect night for patrolling.

"Shhh.... did you hear that?" I asked Kingston.

"No but I smell something familiar." He said sniffing the air.

"I hear a baby crying." I said padding softly closer to where the sound was coming from.

"Look a wolf with a basket." he said nudging my head towards this brown wolf with a basket.

"What the hell is it doing?" I asked.

"I don't know but that's Crawford territory." He said and he was right I smelled the difference now.

"Come closer who ever you are." a voice rang out. The wolf had shifted.

"You stay here I'll go. Our scent is mixed so he won't know there is two of us. We don't know what he wants or anything so your my back up. I've called the other just in case but they will stay hidden." Kingston said.

"Be careful." I said watching as he shifted and quickly put in his shorts.

"Look sir, I'm just patrolling my lines. I am not here to start anything." Kingston said walking out of the brush and staying on our side.

"Unbelievable. It had to be you. Well I'm glad it's you. You can take this it belongs to you." The guy yelled throwing the basket. Thankfully Kingston caught it.

"What do you mean this baby belongs to me?" Kingston asked.

"My mate, man I was so happy to find her. I had been looking for years and had given up. But she walked in the door and I knew. Felicia was everything I ever wanted. But she didn't wait for me an brought this with her. Bragging about how she sacrificed one so he could be an heir to his pack but could not part with both. This bastard here ruined everything. She should have given you him as well because if she had she wouldn't of had to die. And I wouldn't of had to kill her. But now I can join her and you can have your bastard." the guy yelled before pulling a knife and plunging it into his heart. I was in mid run when Clover stopped me. This was crazy. Nightmarish and unbelievable.

I was woken from my thoughts when the baby started to cry. I headed for Kingston and gathered the baby boy in my arms.

"Shit I'm to late." a voice said.

"Crawford?" Kingston yelled.

"Herrington?" the guy said back.

"Yeah, over here." Kingston said. I stopped listening and focused on the baby. I checked him for injuries and anything else. Other then being hungry, dirty and small he was fine.

"I'm taking the baby to Dr. Adams." I said.

"Liam, Slade and Annalise go with him." Kingston said before kissing my lips and the babies head.

I shifted and gathered the basket in my mouth and ran making sure not to make the basket sway to much or bump anything.

"Gerald and Sasha could you meet me at Dr. Adams?" I asked through mind link.

"Sure thing Alpha Lief." He said.

"Be right there hun." Sasha said.

We made it to Dr. Adams and he took the baby right away. I stayed by the little ones side the whole time.

"Okay so he's healthy but the runt of the two. He is PJs twin for sure they look identical except for size." Dr. Adams said to all of us. Sasha had the little one while I paced.