chapter 6

My mouth dropped open in shock as I tried to speak, "Alexa? I... thought you were in jail?"

As if on cue Alex quickly fell back into the backroom, making sure Alexa didn't see him.
Alexa had her hair up in a sloppy bun and she wasn't wearing any eyeliner. But she was wearing a club dress; sparkly and short. I quickly looked at her eyes and realized they were blood-shot red.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'm fine I just need a place to crash and no. I'm not in jail as you can see. They didn't find any of my fingerprints on any of the weapons. They couldn't prove me guilty." I could smell the alcohol on her breath.

"Have you started drinking again?"

She quickly put her hand on the door frame to balance herself, "Look. I'm tired and I need somewhere to sleep. I do believe that you owe me from a while ago, right?"

I cringed back shocked that she knew that I had done that; or maybe it was about something else? I quickly fixed my expression, "Yes, of course. You can sleep in my bed. I have some things to do."

I led her to my bedroom, "You know where everything is. So if you need anything just tell me."

She smiled a weary smile at me as she fell onto my bed, completely exhausted, "Thanks."

I walked out of the room and went to where Alex was. I looked into the room and I couldn't see him. I jumped whenever I felt hands wrap around me, but then realized I didn't have to jump, it was just him.

"Did I scare you?"

"No, you didn't."

He smirked, "But you jumped, so I scared you."

I turned to face him, "Maybe a little."

He pressed his lips against mine. We were suddenly interrupted by a gasp coming from the hallway.

"I can't believe this. Alex, you leave me for two months with no explanation, but really you're cheating on me! I can't believe you came back here!"

My mouth dropped open in shock, "You're dating Alexa?!"

Alexa smirked, "Oh, so she didn't know? Oops. Well Raine, just to let you know. We got together two weeks after you left. He told me that he liked me the whole time."

I felt my heart drop, but I wasn't really sure why it did, "Then why did he come back for me then? If he liked you so much, why would he come back for me?"

I saw her smirk drop; she had nothing to say to that. Typical Alexa, she didn't care that it would completely hurt me if she dated him. No, it was all about her. It had always been all about her. She had liked every guy I had ever wanted to date; she would always say, "Oh don't worry you will find another guy!"

Then I find Alex and that's when all the drama started. He wanted me and not her. Alexa took that as a challenge.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Alex saying, "Alexa, I loved Raine the whole time. I was just upset about everything when I dated you."

My mouth dropped open in shock, Alex didn't side with her? He completely made her look like an idiot instead of me. Wow, I didn't think he would do something like that. Alexa quickly shoved me away and stormed out into the living room. Alex gave me an apologetic look.

"Look, I was just upset; you know I do things like that when I'm upset."

I frowned, "That's what you say every time, Alex. It's always the same thing. I was just upset, I still love you and please take me back. Well Alex, I believe you lost your chance this time. I don't think I'm going to take you back, ever."