chapter 17

He opened the door, "Raine, wow I haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah, yeah I know. Look I'll pay you for this month, but I'm leaving today. I'm moving in with someone else."

"Ok, did you leave anything in the apartment?"

"Yes, but you can just throw it all out," I said, knowing there wasn't anything else important in there.

He sighed, "Ok, I'll call someone to clean it out later."

I handed him the keys and walked downstairs to my mom's car. I opened the door and got into the car. But then suddenly someone started to bang on my window.

"Hold on mom, I'll be right back," I said looking over towards her. She was startled.

I opened the door about to chew out whoever had just attacked my window. But I turned towards the figure and my mouth dropped open in shock. He pushed his hood off, and I just stood there.

"R- Ryan?" I stuttered.

"Raine," he said instantly mesmerizing me with his voice, "I've spent forever looking for you, and I thought I lost you..."

"You came back for me?" I asked.

"Of course, I had to. I love you, Raine."

I wrapped my arms around him and started to cry into his shoulder. I had thought that I had cried so much this week; I didn't think I even had any more tears to cry. I was wrong, the tears poured out hard and fast nonstop.

"It's all ok now, I promise." He whispered into my ear.

We stood there for a few moments just like that, holding each other. His heart pounded fast, as did mine. I never had thought that everything would be ok until now; everything feels like it's finally fixed. I heard the window roll down on my mom's car door and Ryan looked at me confused.

My mom looked worried, "What's going on?"

"Mom, this is Ryan."

She got even more confused, but then I saw her face change, she remembered what I had told her earlier and she suddenly understood.

"Can he come with us?"

"Of course he can."

Ryan and I got into the backseat and then I started to explain how I found my mom and what happened with Alex.

"So does this mean it's all over?" Ryan asked me after I finished.

His question hit me hard; I thought it over for a second, was it really all over? Was everything that ever had hurt me gone for good? All the memories that had haunted me for most of my life, were they really just gone?

"Yes, it's all over," I said with hope.