T H I R T Y / MAKING BETS

N I C O

          "After I kill both of ya'll niggas in ball, I want all cash no checks." K-Dot laughed, climbing out of the back of Nico's car.

Ron chuckled as he hopped out of the passenger side, "You ain't gon kill shit, just your pockets when you gotta come up with that stack."

"Mannn, we'll see."

After all three were out of the whip, Nico locked up his car as they began to saunter over to the courts. It was a hot day in June, the perfect weather to chill and play ball at the neighborhood park.

Azure was in Delaware for the day with her mom, and the gym was closed for repairs, so the brothers figured it was the perfect day to spend some time together. Nico hadn't seen his best friend in a while either, so it was all positive vibes as the three were ready for a good time.

So into their conversation, they hadn't realized they weren't the only ones who decided to enjoy the weather that day. Sitting by the picnic tables, Diamond, Shar and the rest of their peanut gallery sat around eating crabs and drinking Strawberitas, while watching Kelz and his boys play ball.

The sight of Nico caused Diamond's heart to drop, as he had looked even finer than she could remember. He was dressed in something as simple as ball shorts and a wife beater, his muscles were glistening in the sun as he bounced the basketball between his legs.

"Hey K-Dot." she cooed, aiming to get the attention on her.

The three men glanced over their shoulders, just to snicker and walk away ignorantly.

"That hoe got problems." K-Dot said loud enough for her to hear.

Diamond was that quickly embarrassed, as her friends began to giggle behind her back. She thought she was doing something by trying to make Nico jealous, but that didn't seem to go well. Deciding to mind her business, she just shut her mouth and ate her crabs, interested in the meet up between Nico and Kelz.

"Who got next?" Nico asked, seeing the game that was already going on.

"Nobody so far, ya'll tryna ball?" One of the guys asked.

Nico hadn't even recognized Kelz, only looking at him as a regular nigga on the streets as he threw the ball to one of his friends. It was a total of five, so to Nico he was just one of many nobodies.

"Hell yeah, ya'll tryna put up some money?" Ron laughed, the gambler of the group, "Us three against ya'll five."

"Too easy" K-dot snickered.

The cockiness in their voice caused the other men to stop, including Kelz who glanced over at the strangers. Seeing Nico, jealousy immediately loomed over his head.

"Naw, we're full" He spoke up, "We ain't tryna embarrass ya'll in front of the pretty ladies anyway."

"Nigga ain't no pretty ladies in sight, fuck is you talking about?" Ron laughed, knowing damn well Shar was his girl, "But if you ain't tryna get yo ass whooped I understand."

"Can't nobody whoop my .ass" Kelz boasted.

Nico scoffed, recognizing the man immediately, "You sure about that?"

The two strangers battled looks, and Nico knew the man hated that he had what he would never obtain again. Azure. That alone taunted him, not mentioning the fact that Nico and his company had a way of making all the bitches stop and stare, including Shar.

"Fine" Kelz shrugged, "Y'all three, us five. How much?" He asked.

"Five thousand, a stack from each of you." he smirked, knowing they would never have that amount of money.