Chapter four

Hello lovely people! I do hope you are enjoying the book so far! I am very new at this... this is my very first book ever so please bear with me :)
It's just something that has been on my head for the longest time and I wanted to share it!
I am very open to suggestions and corrections! Let's learn from one another!
This chapter is dedicated to my beautiful niece Amal... maryam_mai for being the very first to read and support me💞

Khalid's POV
"We are here sir..." Hamza brought me out of my deep thoughts... I can't seem to shake off that bad feeling since he told me about the dinner. My dad isn't usually the family man, for him to call for this and inviting Ayrah means it is dead serious. I just hope it isn't something that would make me choke him...cause God knows sometimes I want to.

The moment the car drove in, I realized how much I missed home

The moment the car drove in, I realized how much I missed home... all my childhood memories came rushing and I couldn't help but smile.
The car stopped and someone opened the door, I stepped out and nodded in response.

The moment I walked to the stairs the door flew open and two little caramel devils in ponytails came crashing on me, but I was prepared for it...I bent to their height and scooped them right off their feet and I was welcomed with kisses everywhere.

"Uncle Kay!!! We missed you... why haven't we seen you for so long?" Hanan pouted, at 3 years old she was already too smart for her age...she had the most adorable eyes

"You missed our birthdays you know..." Mina pointed out with a raised eyebrow... obviously telling me I needed to compensate her for missing her 5th birthday...she scares me sometimes.

"I'm sorry my angels... work has been driving me crazy...but I promise I came with compensations..." I chuckled as they hugged and kissed obviously knowing I came with presents.

"Brother!!!" Jasmine came crashing too the second I dropped the kids who ran to Hamza probably demanding to see inside the car to look for their presents... poor uncle.

"You are such a baby sometimes...I missed you too" I hugged and kissed her forehead... then I noticed her worried eyes... I raised her chin waiting for her to speak...

"Father is tr...."

"Would you atleast give me my own hugs and kisses before you two start your gossips?" Ayrah pouted standing by the door. I haven't seen her in a year and 5 months... I might have been away for so long, but I knew something was wrong even thou she was very good at hiding her emotions.

"Hey Ayrah... I missed you too..." I hugged and kissed her cheek and she smiled but it didn't reach her eyes.

Okay what tha actual fuck is going on here?