Chapter thirty four

Khalid's POV
I sit at the waiting area of the hospital... shaking my leg impatiently.

We had arrived London this morning with my father and uncle Hamza... he had an appointment with an oncologist and my nerves have been over the roof.

I took out my phone and called the only person that could calm me down right now... and after the first two rings... I realized the time... it was midnight... she must be slee....

"Salam" I hear her sweet sleepy voice and my heartbeat rose

"Wa alaika salam my love... shouldn't you be asleep?" I asked even thou I was glad she was awake...

"I was kind of studying ... but I dozed off a little..." she yawned and I smiled imagining her funny face right now..

It has just been 5 days since she left the hospital... but she was already determined to go back to school... we argued a lot when she wanted to attend her classes but of course i didn't allow that, instead... she was studying online in preparation for her exams...

"Are you feeling better?" I asked even thou I knew she wouldn't tell me if she was in pain... stubborn
"Yes I am mommy! Stop worrying!" She mocked and I chuckled..

"How's the meeting going? I hope you have eaten?" She asked sounding concerned and I felt guilty...
I couldn't tell her why we were In London.. i made a promise to father not to... and I hate that I had to lie to her...

"It's fine darling... I do miss you..." I trailed trying to change the subject...

"I miss you more..." she trailed... she's probably blushing now...
"When will you be back?" She added and I could imagine the pout she's making right now... God I love this woman

"Soon my love... I can't wait to see you again... get some sleep... dream of me baby, I love you so much" i was fully aware of a very shocked uncle Hamza sitting next to me... but I didn't care

"Te amo mucho Mi Amore..." she said quietly before dropping the phone.. she is always full of surprises... I'm gonna have to ask her just how much she knows in Spanish.

"You look like a glowing bride!" Uncle Hamza said mischievously and I rolled my eyes....here we go

"Ha ha ha! Very funny" i mocked then frowned... hoping the teasing ends there..

"Forgive me but I have just never seen you like this..." he trailed... I know he was studying me... so I just kept my eyes fixed at the French windows overlooking the Big Ben... thinking of all the places in the world I want to take Amal...

"You really love her don't you..." he said more like a statement...

"I can't deny it even if I had a gun to my head.." I answered truthfully... my affections for this girl isn't a secret anymore...
He stayed quiet for the longest time... probably in deep thoughts... I didn't bother because I was in my own big world of thoughts and confusion

I have been praying non-stop about everything... a few weeks ago I had promised father that I would marry Salmah... that was before she went all evil queen... I haven't heard anything from her and honestly I do not intend to, because i don't think I can even control my emotions when she comes up.

After what felt like forever, we were at the doctor's office... and I think I was more nervous than father... who was sitting rather calmly next to me...

The doctor took his time going through the test results... and my sweat only increase... please be okay father...

"Okay!!! Here it goes... the bad news is you have pancreatic cancer.. the test shows that the tumor is rather small... meaning it's at the early stage and it's treatable..."
I froze when he started talking... I literally couldn't hear what he said... except the word treatable... that got my attention.