Chapter thirty six

Hamza's POV
"Thank you." I muttered to the flight attendant who handed me a cup of black coffee with no sugar.

I was called to head to the airport at 6a.m and we have been airborne for about 3 hours now, to God knows where.

I glanced over to his excellency... who was busy on his laptop.. oblivious of my confusion and curiosity.

I opened and closed my mouth to talk more than 7 times... but I feel like I and not in a position to question him.

"Do you have a problem with your jaw Hamza? Or you have something you want to say." He sarcastically asked as he glanced over his laptop with so much mischief...

I like seeing him like this... carefree, smiling...

"Uhm.. sir I'm just a bit confused... I don't recall this trip being on your schedule... I checked" I stated but he just stared at me for a few minutes before he shrugged and went on with typing.
Guess I'll have to wait till we arrive to wherever we are going.

I knew I wasn't getting any answers... I took out my phone to ty...

"Don't even think about telling anyone about this trip" he said firmly and I reluctantly nodded.

I was gonna text khalid... I couldn't help but wonder if it had anything to do with his condition... I mean he is scheduled for surgery in 2 days... maybe we are going to London earlier?? But why doesn't he want khalid to know?
Argh... these two with all their secrets.

I remember the conversation I had with his excellency 3 nights ago..
——————
"I want you to be completely honest with me Hamza" he said as we sat at the garden overlooking the horses behind the palace

"I am always honest with you your excellency.." I confirmed...

"You don't have to call me that... we are alone..." he said softly and I smiled

"Sorry brother... I got used to it"

"So tell me... as my little brother... what do you think about Khalid and Salmah?" He asked and my jaw clenched...
I still remember all too well what happened at the cafe that day.
I still remember how she is always rude and arrogant to all the staffs in the palace...
she has no regard to humanity itself.

But I couldn't say all that... no matter her personality, she's still the King's daughter... and my brother's Goddaughter.

"I don't think your son is happy with her.." I simply stated... hoping he wouldn't ask further.

"How so?" Oh dear...

"He doesn't love her sir... he just agreed because he is performing his duty as the righteous son... he doesn't want to defy you" I explained

"Yes... I realized that... now I feel like a bad father... I should have asked him first, my only son's happiness should have come first before my friendship with the king, I just assumed that they grew up together and since Salmah brought it up herself I thought it was okay..." he confessed and I understood...

He felt bad.... this was my chance to help khalid..

"He loves someone else sir..." I trailed and his face lit up!
"Who? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asked excitedly.

"Amal sir... he is in love with her like I have never seen before."
—————

I was about to doze off since I didn't know when we were going to arrive to this mysterious place when the hostess came in.