Chapter thirty seven

Khalid's POV
I couldn't help it.. I had to take a picture...

"What are you doing?" She asked when she heard the click of my camera...

"Oh nothing... just enjoying my view..." I said and she blushed

We had decided to spend the day together since I had to leave for London the next day... for father's surgery... the only thing keeping me sane is this beautiful soul in front of me...

I have been trying to get a hold of uncle Hamza

I have been trying to get a hold of uncle Hamza... to fill him in on the flight schedules and all but can't seem to reach him or dad... that has never happened

I called mama hoping to get some answers...

"Salam my son." Mama spoke with such warmth...

"Salam mama... how are you?"

"I'm not sure... you abandoned me since you found love..." she scolded...I knew my mom, she's just mocking me

"I'm sorry mama... it's been work..." I lied astagfirullah

"So you haven't been taking care of Amal? How could you!! That poor girl" she yelled... wait what???

"Ma i swear I have been with her.. look she's right here! Wanna talk to her?" I frantically explained.. I don't like pissing my mom off..

"Gotcha!" She chuckled... "And yes i would like to talk to her" she added.

"Ma did you just prank me?" I questioned surprised and amused at the same time...

"I just made you confess darling.. that's all." She defended and that cracked me up... this woman is something else.

I passed the phone to Amal who shook her head frantically... whispering that she was shy but I just shrugged and pushed it to her..

I sat back and watch her speak so gracefully and smile at the phone... I couldn't even hear a word they were saying... I didn't care, the smile she had was genuine and it only meant that they got along well.

She passed the phone to me still smiling...oh that smile.

"What did you guys talk about?" I asked curiously..

"None of your business your Excellency..." she mocked as she stood up... sassy much?

"Where are you going?" I asked... already missing her close to me

"To cook... I'm hungry!" She yelled as she reached the kitchen...
Jasmine had gone to class and I wasn't about to let this stubborn head to stay alone... she might decide to do something that might hurt her injuries... example... COOK

"Noooooooo you're not!" I ran towards her...

"Oh common!!!!! I don't have a cast anymore! And it's not like I'm cooking with my ribs!" She whined