Chapter twenty

Khalid's POV

"Hold on... pick two... general market... check mate! YESSS!!!!" Amal beamed victoriously as she won for the 5th time.
We were playing this card game they call Whot... it's like poker... but so confusing, she spent hours explaining the game to us with the help of Jason but for the life of me I did not understand shit.

Now we just gave up and watched her beating a very pissed Jason which of course we find amusing

"You have to be cheating! This isn't cool! I used to be better" Jason pouted and folded his arms.. what a child

"Awww don't be a sore loser buddy... I got better... and now I'm the champion!" Amal mocked as she stood up from my side on the couch... I was about to protest her leaving my side when she turned and mouthed "be right back" and winked at me. This woman will be the death of me...

"Stop ogling her... you're drooling everywhere man" Nabeel rolled his eyes and I gave him the middle finger

I have been so attached to her since we got to London two days ago, I'd make sure she was always next to me every single time... The boys obviously found it possessive and disturbing... I didn't care

"Mama just called... she wanted to confirm if we'll make it in time for her birthday party..." Jasmine said quietly...

Boom... my heart just exploded... I felt a rush of fear cover me and I was already sweating! Her birthday is in 2 days... what on earth am I gonna do

"Wait... your mother's birthday is on 15th?" Jason asked surprised...

"Yeah why?" Jasmine confirmed

"That's Amal's birthday too" he added amusingly... wait what???

She has the same birthday with mama? How come I'm just knowing about this...
a typical woman will have been talking about it for months... making plans... parties and all, but this beautiful woman right here didn't even say shit.

"I'm gonna kill her!" Jasmine said fuming... see? Typical woman

"She never liked celebrating her birthdays... believe me.. it takes an army to get her to celebrate, I have been dealing with that for 6 years" Jason rolled his eyes.

"Well that's about to change..." i said almost to myself but they must have heard because jasmine is now smiling like a retard... she obviously knows I'm gonna plan something big... and I'm gonna need her help.

"What's about to change?" Amal asked walking in with 5 cups of hot cocoa and croissants...
Ayrah and the family had to go see her in-laws pronto... we couldn't tag along because we had to go back home..

"Nothing.." everyone quickly said and she narrowed her eyes obviously suspicious but shrugged and placed the tray on the coffee table. She carefully passed everyone a cup and finally sat next to me with two cups...