4- Working with an Ex

::

::

I walked into work to see one of my friends, Chaeyoung, smiling like a maniac. The puzzled look on my face strengthened with each second as her smile didn't so much as waver.

"The new people are pretty cute," she barely managed to talk through her excitement. I rolled my eyes as I walked toward the computer in the back corner to clock in. "They're both guys and both single."

"Why do you know they're single?" I laughed into the computer screen. I'm not entirely sure that I want to know this answer, actually.

"I just asked them," she answered simply. I couldn't stop from rolling my eyes. "I'm jealous that you're training them today. I would kill to be in your place."

I sighed and put an arm on her shoulder, "I would trade with you in a heartbeat, but I'm not about to face the wrath of the wicked witch of the west."

Chaeyoung grimaced as I sent her a sorry look. "Well at least have some fun. Don't forget that you're also single."

"Hush," I playfully pushed her away as she erupted into soft laughter. "I'm off to actually work now."

"Have fun," Chaeyoung nodded to me as she walked toward the cash counter. "Tell me all about them once you get your break!"

I rolled my eyes again as I exited the back room. I made my way across the lobby and to the manager's office at the front of the main theater hall. My favorite manager was the one working today, to my surprise, and it took everything in me to not run back to switch with Chaeyoung. I couldn't remember the last time I worked one of the registers to even do her part of the job in the first place.

"Seokjin," I smiled at my boss as he pulled open the office door. He sent me a friendly smile as I glanced back toward the lobby. "Where are the new hires?"

He poked his head out of the office and furrowed his brows in thought. "I think they're cleaning men's bathrooms right now. I asked Yoongi to teach them how to restock and all that." He sent me another smile. "And it would be great if you could check over the women's restrooms while they're at it."

My shoulders slumped in disappointment, and he gave me a sympathetic laugh. "You can ask one of the girls for help unless you want to smuggle the guys in with you."

"I'll take care of it," I sent him a reassuring nod as Seokjin sent me an enthusiastic thumbs up and disappeared back into the office.

A quick glance over the restrooms later, I finally met up with Yoongi. He exited the largest men's bathroom as I finished stocking a few of the paper towels in the women's nearby.

I always felt nervous when meeting new hires, and I couldn't help but hope that they were nice.

...Especially if they're cute like Chaeyoung said they are.

I watched a boy almost the same size as Yoongi walk out behind him. He was undeniably attractive, and his most distinctive feature was his pinkish hair contrasting our all black uniforms. He was well kempt and his eyes were bright and friendly once he caught sight of me. I took a few steps toward them to introduce myself when the second hire exited the bathroom behind them. My voice left my throat before I could stop it.