17- Like Mother, Like Daughter

A/N: Omg, you guys would not believe the amount of research I did on Busan for this chapter

And for the sake of my sanity, we're gonna pretend that the Korean school year/breaks are the same as America because I would have to go back and change everything around, including summer only being a month and a half!

::

I stood in front of the apartment door, heart pounding against my chest. Jungkook softly coaxed me to open it and get things over with already, but I couldn't.

"What if he knows?" I spun around, every inch of my face coated with multiple layers of anxiety.

Jungkook's eyes flicked down to my neck for a few moments. "I mean... if he doesn't know already, he will once we walk in the door."

My hands moved to my neck, horror filling my features. "Oh. Oh God."

"Sorry," he sent me a lopsided smile, and a few of my nerves were settled. "I didn't expect them to be that dark."

"We have to work tomorrow," I lightly punched his chest. My eyes flicked to his neck. "I don't see any on yours. Seems like I have more self control than you."

"Mm," he hummed in agreement before nodding toward the door. "Please, Ari. If he gets mad, it'll be at me and not you."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" My eyebrows raised. "I saw what he tried other night. And the night we went bowling. I can't watch that happen again."

Jungkook put a hand on my cheek, leaning down to place a soft kiss on my lips. All of my thoughts and worries dissipated as I stared at him.

"Then I'll go in without you," he started, and my hands grabbed his in protest.

"The last time you and Taehyung talked without me, you avoided me like the plague," I swallowed, head shaking. "I... Fine. Lets just..." With a spin and a huff, I grabbed the door knob once more. Jungkook watched me in silence as I stood still, reluctance ever present, and a soft laugh left his lips.

"Do you want to run away?" His arms slipped around my waist from behind, mouth pressing to my ear, "Then we'll never have to worry about what he thinks."

My cheeks heated. "No. I'm building myself up." My free hand rested on his arm before he released his hold. I glared at the door, feigning confidence and determination, and twisted the knob. I held my breath as my eyes scanned over the entrance, no sight of my brother in any direction.

Jungkook pushed me further inside, hand pressed to my lower back, and my cheeks heated even more. The shift in our closeness—our comfort in touching each other—wasn't lost on me.

His eyes scanned over the living room, dining room, kitchen, and found nothing of note. He moved down the hall toward our rooms as I closed the door, taking a few more deep breaths. With a glance in all three bedrooms, Jungkook turned to me with a furrowed brow.