14- Don't Skip Meals

A/N: 5/19/2024: okay wtf, I think I have this fixed

A/N: 5/19/2024: okay wtf, I think I have this fixed. I use my phone, iPad, and computer interchangeably to write this story, and that caused an issue with this chapter reverting to an old unfinished draft 😅 I never write in Wattpad like this, Google Docs is my home, but with this rewrite, I've kept it here. It's easier cause of how I go about changing things... I thought I fixed it two freakin' days ago on my computer, but the changes didn't sync to the app for some reason???

Let me know if anything else looks weird and I just didn't notice!! I'm lucky I noticed this issue on my own!

::

I spent the rest of my night driving around town to get everything out of my head. Too many things were happening all at once, and my sanity was slipping away. All the things I'd learned about Taehyung were sobering in a plethora of ways, and I had no idea how I was going to look at him the same way.

I knew Taehyung wasn't a saint. He was overly friendly and would flirt with literally anyone, but to know that he targeted these girls...

I shuddered. This couldn't be happening. I want to go back to an hour ago when my biggest problem was being in love with Jungkook.

Knowing what I know now, why couldn't Jungkook and I tell Taehyung about being together? He spent his high school career terrorizing the guys I liked, and the guys who liked me, but he's also the one who set me up with Hoseok.

My head started to ache as I pulled into the parking lot. I didn't want to see him. I didn't want to face Jungkook.

With no plan and a blank brain, I walked up the stairs to our apartment. I pushed the door open, fully expecting to see Jungkook or Taehyung, but instead, I met the eyes of someone else.

"Hoseok," I almost gasped. I hadn't texted him since before work, our conversations simple yet sweet, but I was not equipped to talk to him right now.

Hoseok stood up from one of our dining chairs and walked up to me. He had a smile on his face as I nervously stared up at him. "Sorry to just drop in on you unannounced," he lightly laughed. I tried to match his energy. "Taehyung invited the two of us over for coffee once our shifts ended tonight."

The two of us. I hadn't even noticed the other person in the room—a girl with short blonde hair—and just assumed based off of Taehyung's smile, that this was the girl he went on a date with.

"It's no problem!" my voice was overly friendly and anything but natural. "I'm just... really tired from the shift I just worked."

"Oh, yeah. I didn't realize that you and Jungkook both work at the movie theater," Hoseok commented as I noticed him glance between myself and the living room. I followed his gaze, and Jungkook was sitting on the smaller couch with his back facing me.