Mas Adelante - Chapter Seventeen

Lola froze, her phone falling out of her hand as she turned to run out of the house. "Oscar!" She yelled, running out to the lawn, hiding behind her big brother.

Oscar glanced at Cesar, then at Lola with a small laugh. "Is the man you use to see in your closet back?"

"Okay, first off that is not funny, he use to grab my toes. Second, why in the hell is the dress from two weeks ago hanging on my door?"

"Ain't that the one you wanted moms?"

Her jaw dropped, smacking him repeatedly on the arm. "Why is it hanging on my door fool?" She exclaimed, bouncing up and down.

He caught her tiny hands, then set his huge monster hand over her head to stop her from bopping up and down excitedly. "Answer my question, Lolita."

"Yes." She said, "now tell me why it's here."

He shrugged, pulling a cigarette from behind his ear as he chuckled. "I bought it, got a discount too. I told the bitch working there I'd bring her as my date." He stuck it between his lips before lighting it. "Woulda got it for free if I flashed her my di-"

Lola screeched, covering her ears. "Absolutely not!"

He laughed, Cesar joining in awkwardly. They never really patched their shit up, they kinda just started speaking and didn't mention their argument. "Do me a favor hermanita?" She hummed, uncovering her ears. "Text me little mans number. I'm bout to go pick him up so he could get his shit."

Lola's face pulled together, "why you? He has a whole ass mom."

Oscar rolled his eyes, "I'm just making sure he don't look dumb. Cause if he looks dumb then you look dumb. And if you look dumb I look dumb." He snickered, "and I need to get myself an outfit, y'all finally gonna meet my girl."

"I get it." She nodded. "I'll text you his number, but you could've taken Cesar's ugly ass."

Cesar flicked her off, earning an amused smile from Oscar's high ass. If he hadn't been high, Cesar would've gotten a back hand to the side of the head for even thinking about lifting that finger at her.

Lola teased, "he dresses like a puto right?"

"Do you only know the word 'puto'?" Cesar glared.

Oscar shook his head, "no, pendeja. Cause he dresses like me."

She giggled, walking toward the house. "You both dress like putos." He scoffed at his baby sister's foul language, then his phone vibrated and she yelled from inside. "Sent it!"

He stood as soon as he saw the text, reaching for the tank top in his back pocket. "I guess I'ma go get this lil boy. I'll catch ya'll later." He pulled his shirt down his torso, dapping his homies as he patted his shorts for his keys with the other hand. When he found them he walked to his car, unlocking the door and sitting inside.

"Yo!" Cesar ran up, leaning on the window frame, "do me a favor and be nice to Ruby? He's hella sensitive."

Oscar kissed his teeth, putting the car in drive but leaving his foot on the brake. "I'll be gentle." he winked, then removed his foot.

It wasn't until he was parked outside waiting for Ruby to come out that he remembered he hadn't even called him. He laughed at himself, pushing his door open to step out. Then he fidgited with the gate, scooting pass it, again laughing at himself. When he knocked on the door and Ruby didn't answer was when he stopped laughing, clearing his throat. "Señora. How are you?"

Geny arched an eyebrow, wiping her hands with the small towel in her hands. "You're Cesar's older brother huh?"

He hummed, pouting his lip in satisfaction. "People usually ask me if I'm Lola's brother. She's always in trouble."

"Wouldn't doubt it, she's feisty." She opened the door wider, "but you're just like everybody describes you. Come in." He did, shutting the screen door behind him. "Did something happen? Please don't tell me Ruby's mixed up with–"

"No." He chuckled, "no ma'am, I actually came to pick him up. I dont know if he told you he's gonna be my babies main chambelan."

"Your baby?"

"Mm-hm." He nodded, "she's the youngest, that's my baby."

"Oh Lola." Geny laughed, "he may have mentioned it, I'll get him for you."

Oscar nodded, watching her walk away. She threw the rag in the kitchen as she passed it, then knocked on Ruby's bedroom door. "Ruby, mijo, are you awake?" Geny rolled her eyes at her sons attitude as he told her to go away. "Someone's here for you." He heard the vague "is it Lola?" and his eyebrows knitted together.

But Geny nodded, "something along those lines."

Then Ruby opened the door, his eyes almost popping out of his head when he saw Oscar standing in the living room of his house. He hid behind his mom, "why is he here?"

"He said he was going to take you somewhere."

"and your'e just gonna let me go?" Ruby scolded, "what kind of mother are you?"

Geny rolled her eyes with a sarcastic hum as she walked back into the kitchen without another word.

"Come on, kid. We got a lot to do today."