Mas Adelante - Chapter Tweny One

"Fuck." Lola muttered, turning around when Oscar began walking in her direction.

"Mama." He grabbed her wrist, spinning her around. "What the hell is up with you? Why'd you gotta treat my girl like that?"

"Mano." She shook her head, "I didn't mean to, I just wasn't feeling good. I think your cologne is.." she covered her nose, "just stay on that side of the-" She gagged, running to the nearest trash can.

"Alright, fuck this. I'm taking you to the hospital, come on."

She laughed, shaking her index finger at him. "You said a bad word in the house of god."

"Lola, I'm serious. Is there something you're not telling me?"

She stood straight, nodding softly. His face showed he knew but wanted to hear her say it. Then a smile spread on her face and his eyebrows knitted together. "You're cologne smells fuckin' gross pop."

He scowled, pushing her softly. "Get your big ass head in that church, pendeja."

She walked in through the big glass doors, taking in the cold air conditioning. Then she walked toward the bathroom to rinse her mouth. She saw Monse in her dama dress through the reflection of the mirror as she walked in, but she was talking to somebody. "Awe fuck." Lola mumbled, noticing her brothers girlfriend. What better time to fix this than now? So she rinsed her mouth then nodded Monse out with her head. "You look pretty, though." She called after her, sighing when she shut the door.

"Hey." Tati said, scratching her arm awkwardly.

"You're fuckin' pretty." Lola shook her head, "what the hell are you doing with my brother and his big ass head?" She joked, leaning against the sink. Tati laughed along with her, a warm smile arising after the laughter died down. "Listen, I don't want you to think I'm a stuck up bitch who's jealous of her brothers girlfriends. I honest to god didn't feel well. But the intention to shake your hand was there."

Tati stepped forward, taking her hand. "Lola, how far along are you?"

Lola's jaw dropped and her heart skipped a beat. "W-what?"

"I wont tell Oscar if that's what you're worried about. You can talk to me."

Lola's eyes started watering and she embraced Tati, "I'm so scared." She cried.

Tati wrapped her arms around her, "I know. But listen to me okay?" Lola parted, sniffling. "I wont tell him, but you have to. You can't hide this much longer. If Oscar was a girl he would've noticed the second I did."

"I'm suppose to tell him the day of my quince?" She shook her head. "I can't do that to him."

Lola wiped her face when the bathroom door opened, Ruby walked in. "I know I'm not supposed to be in here but we're about to start the ceremony so come on guys." She composed herself, linking her arm with Ruby's after giving Tatiana a small smile. "Everything okay?" Ruby questioned as they got in line behind the damas and chambelanes, in front of them was Monse and Jamal who looked back at them repeatedly to make sure they weren't fondling in the middle of the church. She felt a presence behind her, the familiar cologne causing her hair to stick up. Oscar and Cesar stood behind her as the parental figures. "you got this princesa." Ruby nudged her, "I'm right here okay?"

Her eyes traveled around the pews when Jamal and Monse began walking. Sad Eyes was sitting with his girl, a smile on his face to mock Oscar. She swallowed the urges to throw up again, smiling when she passed Tatiana. As soon as Ruby dropped her off in front of the priest, he took his seat next to Oscar and Cesar. The priest cleared his throat and began to speak, calling Oscar and or Cesar up whenever necessary. That's how it was for an hour and a half until she was able to get off of her knees. You would think that with all the practice she had she wouldn't be tired. But her knees were wrecked.

"May I have the individual, or individuals that are giving away Lola Estephania Diaz up to adulthood here next to her?"

Oscar and Cesar glanced at each other, that being the fiftieth time they got up in just an hour. "Oscar Arturo Diaz and Cesar Micah Diaz." Father Kern said, "Lola's guardians and brothers." Both of the brothers nodded at the priest, Oscar cleared his throat. "Take care of this young flower, help her flourish, give her the sunlight to guide her in the right way. I trust you will do that?"

The Diaz brothers spoke in unison, "yes father."