Chapter 1

Victoria's P.O.V

I woke up feeling sore all over my body. I guess I did too much work yesterday. I got up from my uncomfortable bed and stretched looking at my small room which barely had anything in it.

I went out of my house and stared at it. It had cracks everywhere and looked like it would collapse or even get blown away if a huge storm were to come.

This house was not much but it was all that I had. I couldn't repair it as it would cost too much money and I was very poor.

I sighed observing the view before me. If you are thinking that I see a beautiful view of a field, let me stop you there. All I see is the same old dusty roadway that leads to the Oregon kingdom.

I live on the outskirts of Oregon. The people who live in this town are poor too but not that poor. They can lead a sustainable and happy life with their families. I don't have one.

My name is Victoria Collins and I'm 18 years old. I used to live in this house with my grandma. She told me that both of my parents had died when I was just a baby.

Whenever I'd ask her to tell me more about them, she'd always say the same thing, "you'll know when the time comes tori".

I loved the little nickname she gave me. It made me feel loved. She was the sweetest and the best grandma ever. Sadly she passed away two years ago and I'm living alone since then.

I also thought there was some kind of a mystery behind her words that raised many questions in my head.What time? When will it come? Why will that time come? What will happen then?

But whatever it was, I just wanted to stay with my grandma forever.

I still remember seeing her lying on her bed holding my hand. She said, "don't ever give up in your life tori. Be kind to everyone and have courage. Your mom was a very strong woman. Find someone who is kind, gentle and loves you just like your dad. Goodbye my sweet sweet tori. Grandma loves you the most."

That was the first time she had spoken about my parents. I cried so hard when grandma left. She was all I had.

A tear slipped from my eye remembering the sweet yet painful memory. I touched my necklace that had a pendant with beautiful engravings on the outside and a missing gem in the inside.

I touched it whenever I felt low and all my worries would fade away and some kind of warmth would engulf me.

Grandma said that I had the necklace around my neck since she found me at her doorstep. She told me that it must have been given by my mom.

I wiped the single tear that stained my cheek and turned around. I went in the small bathroom to wash myself up and looked for the ragged clothes that I wore everyday.

I no more had any good clothes to wear. Not like I had any from the beginning but atleast they were better than these. I had to sell those to get some money.

I tried to do as many works as possible to earn money. I go to many different houses as a maid and even work at some shops. I have a little garden behind my house from where I can atleast get some of the eating essentials.

I finished dressing up and stepped out of my house to leave for work. As soon as I started walking, I heard the sound of heavy footsteps. I turned around and saw....

*******
What do you think of it? If there is any grammatical mistakes please do tell me. I'll try to correct them.

Keep supporting
xx coco❤