♦2| The boy from the nightmares

(Y/N) was awoken when the bright morning rays of the luminous object hit her face. Shielding her face from light, she let out a soft yawn and got out if her queen sized bed. She stretched loosening her stiff bones. She then headed into the bathroom to start her morning routine.

When she was finished she took up her (f/c) bag and went downstairs quietly.

Slowly she walked through the living room trying her best not to disturb the individual laying on the couch, eating a snack while bobbing his head to the music blasting from the headphones placed on his head with his eyes closed. The (h/c) haired girl could hear the music from where she stood. Knowing he would not hear her she started scurrying to the door that leads outside. Just as her hand twisted the doorknob a deep voice called out.

"Where are you going?" The girl jumped in fright and turned around. Her brother popped an eye open then laid his fierce red intimidating eyes onto her, making the poor girl squirm under his gaze.

"To school, isn't it obvious?" The boy took off his headphones and started making his way over to the girl.

What are you doing idiot! He's coming to you. Hurry up and open the damn door!!

Her mind argued with her and immediately she opened the door and the only thing that was on her mind. Run.

(Y/N) stopped to catch her breath once she knew she was far away from the house and knowing her stepbrother he was too lazy to even try and catch her even if he could. Once her breathing was back to normal, she continued her way to school.

Her home wasn't too far from her house and it took a ten minutes walk to reach there. Soon a huge building came into view. Asahi No Toshi high school.

An expensive car parked at the gate and out came a salmon haired girl.

Her vermilion eyes sparkled in the sun, her hair was neatly done and her uniform had perfectly fitted her body. She looked like a model ready to walk the runway even in her uniform.

"Mea!" (Y/N) called out to her long time friend. Mea's eyes lit up and the two individuals greeted each other with a warm hug. Their smiles were so bright it made sparkling diamonds and stars floating around them.

All the boys around them had blushes painted over his face even the ones that were already taken. Some girls stared at them in awe while others.....were not so happy, mostly because the sparkling girls had sent their boyfriends into a flustered state.

The girls broke their hug and stared into each other's eyes with joy. "Long time no see, (Y/N)" the salmon haired girl said.

"Same for you Mea, it had been so long"

Their fathers worked together in one of the most successful companies. Before (Y/N)'s mother died, her father was much more caring and kind towards her. He had carried her to his workplace three times for the week and that's where she had met Mea. But when (Y/N)'s mother had died her father had completely changed.

Because of this he fell into depression and could not handle his work like he used to. Mea's father left the business because (Y/N)'s father working progress had slowed down. Mea's father had moved to another town when she was at the age of ten. (Y/N) could not see her again though they had communicated over the phone once in a while. Mea's and (Y/N)' s father was back to work again and it lead to why Mea was back in Tokyo.They were now sixteen. It had been six years since they had last seen each other.

The bell rang signalling all the students to head to class. The girls went to class but before doing so they went to get Mea's schedule. Sadly they weren't in the same class. They bid their goodbyes and see you later then went off to class.

/♦♦♦♦♦♦\

The bell rang and before the teacher even got to finish what he was saying, desk and chairs scrapped against the floor as students got out of their seats to flea from the torture room.

(Y/N)'s head flew up at the noise and looked around, rubbing her eyes.

I fell at sleep in class again. I really need to stop or else my grades are gonna drop and I'm good as dead if that happens.

But who could blame the girl for falling at sleep in class. We all do at one point. For (Y/N), every night were sleepless nights, constantly waking up from a nightmare then finding it hard to go back and sleep. And even if she did, eventually she would end up shooting out of her bed again, drenched in sweat.

Slowly the (e/c) eyed girl packed up her stuff and began making her way out of the empty classroom.

While heading to the next session of torture her eyes caught a  familiar boy at the vending machine. Thinking that her eyes were playing tricks with her, she quickly rubbed them and looked back at the machine. The boy was still there. Her eyes widened as she started making her way to him, pushing through the crowd of students that suddenly flooded  the hallway.

It's him!

Once she was out the boy had disappeared. No! Where did he—

A flash of midnight hair turned the corner. Quickly the (h/c) haired girl tried to catch up with the figure. Turning the corner she saw the boy, casually walking down the hallway, sipping his drink. She hadn't seen his face that much but a feeling in her gut told her that it was him. Strangely she didn't feel stupid following an unknown person.

She ran to him and when she was close she grabbed his wrist. He turned around at the sudden hand that contact his. Her eyes widened when she finally saw his face. Her hold on his wrist loosened and her hand fell to her side. Her (e/c) eyes met his green ones that almost seemed to be glowing. It was quiet for a moment before (Y/N) pointed an accusing finger at the boy.

"I-It's you!"