♦11| Never got to say goodbye

Do you know how it feels when the person you talk to the most is not presented at school? Well as for (Y/n) it felt as if there was no purpose for her to be there. School was just boring without Mea. The only thing that entertained her was the fight that broke out in the cafeteria.

Her eyes opened at the loud ringing. 'Finally.'

"Remember to read over page one hundred and–" was all (Y/n) heard before exiting the classroom. She didn't care about homework. She was too tired to even think about it. All she wanted to do was go home and try to get some rest but before that, she would have to visit Mea at the hospital.

Mea was admitted and was not able to leave until the doctors found out the cause of what happened two days ago. What happened was not something to be brushed aside and say that it was a normal thing. It had never happened to her. At one point, her father blamed the café that they had put something into the food. The doctors tried to convince him that wasn't the problem. If it wasn't for his wife he would have sued the owner and have the café locked down.

(Y/n)'s face came into contact with a hard chest. She opened her sleepy eyes, realizing that she dozed off. "Ah, sorry." She bowed lazily in apology. "No worries, princess." (Y/n) cringed after hearing the voice.

Why? Out of all people, why him? She tried her best to avoid him throughout the school hours but just had to bump into him when she finally had the chance to escape.

Thinking that maybe he would leave her alone if she left without saying anything else, she step sideways and started making her way to the school gate. Unfortunately, that plan did not work.

"Hey hey, no hi or bye?"

She forced herself not to huff in annoyance or roll her eyes. "Hi."

"Hi, how are you?"

"Good."

"Where are you going?"

"To the hospital."

"Why?"

"To visit Mea."

"Who's Mea?"

"The girl I was with at the café."

"The black haired one?"

(Y/n) frowned. "No, I don't know if she's a friend anymore."

"Who then?"

"The one that the ambulance came for."

"Oh? She's still alive?"

Now that's where he step over the line. She stopped walking and turned to face him. "Kei, I have no idea where you got your  'she's going to die' idea from but she isn't, okay?"

A car pulled up at the gate a few meters from them, and hooked it's horn, catching both their attention. (Y/n)'s drive to the hospital had arrived. She took one last glance at Kei before heading to the car.

"Wait!"

She never got to close the door as a pair of hands stopped her from doing so. She looked up at Kei. "Can I come with you?" (Y/n) held a blank expression before scooting to the next side.

/♦♦♦♦♦♦\

"Excuse me?"

A lady which seems to be in her early twenties with orange-redish hair, brown eyes, long pink nails and a glasses that laid on the bridge of her nose, looked up from her computer, her eyes scanning (Y/n) before turning over to Kei.

"What may I help you with, sir?" Her long eyelashes battering as she spoke. (Y/n)'s expression was grim. 'Wasn't I the one that asked for her assistance?' She then realized that three of the receptionist top buttons were undone. 'Oh?'