♦10| Losing an important friend

[A/N: (f/s)= favorite sweet]

"This is the breaking news, a man by the name of Robin Lee was brutally stabbed to death after he was leaving hi–"

Click!

(Y/n) threw the remote on the other side of the cream coloured couch with a sigh. She ran her slender fingers through her long/short strands on her head and looked down at her friend that was seated on the carpet.

"Will there ever be a day when the news won't come up about some sort of crime?"

Mea shrugged and took a bite on her chocolate bar while scrolling through her phone. (Y/n) threw her head back lazily, staring at the ceiling. "I'm boooooard."

It was Saturday which meant that school was not open. She had the whole house for herself, well, that was until she invited Mea over. Her father was at work, as usual and her step mother and brother were invited to a family party which she, thankfully, wasn't invited to. Those people hated her guts as hell. She only met them once and it was the day when her father and stepmother exchange rings and say 'I dos'.

She went to other weddings but this was the most awkward and uncomfortable for she could feel her stepmother's side of family hateful stares bore into her flesh. She didn't do anything to them but at the same time she didn't want to know the reason behind the hateful gaze nor did she care for all she know, they couldn't hurt her in any way.

"Meaaaa."

"What? I'm busy, can't you see?"

"Yeah, busy with Instagram. What is on that thing that has caused you to ignore your one and only best friend?" (Y/n) asked then shifted her position to peek into Mea's phone.

"Tanaki Hayato died by food poisoning at the school's cafeteria? Woah! Look at those comments!"

Mea turned her head to glare at the inquisitor. "And who gave you permission to look?"

"Me," (Y/n) responded. Mea's annoyed demeanour changed to one of worry. "This is the third death at school in this month and who knows if there's more. I'm starting to wonder if the school's haunted or something."

It was silent after that. (Y/n) was deep in thoughts about the name, Hayato. It sounded familiar but she just couldn't pinpoint where she had heard it from.

"I can't take this anymore." Mea suddenly jumped to her feet and stretched out her stiffened bones. "Let's just head out and have some fun instead of sitting and mourning over people we barely know." (Y/n) came out of her trace, a smile making its way to her lips. "Finally, something I wanted to hear from you."

/♦♦♦♦♦♦\

"Um.... why am I here again?"

(Y/n) shot the pink haired girl a glare. "Okay okay, I understand." They entered the café, the bell acknowledging the workers that someone had entered. The fresh scent of flowers and freshly baked goods whipped across their faces once again. A waitress lead them to a table. Funny, it was the same one they used last time. They immediately ordered since they already knew what they wanted and the waitress bowed then left to get their sweets.

(Y/n) leaned back into her seat, closing her eyes and inhaled deeply before slowly letting her breath escape through her mouth. "I could never get tired of this scent." Mea folded her arms snorted. "I've been at other cafés and their scent is better than this."

(Y/n) opened her eyes and narrowed them at the girl in front of her. "Mea," she said in a warning tone. Mea was about to say something else when a pair of plates and teacups of hot chocolate was placed on the table. The waitress smiled, saying an 'enjoy your sweet' then departed. (Y/n) raised an eyebrow.