♦14| The mysterious diary

(Y/n) brought the glass to her lips and took a sip. The fresh clear water smoothed her dry throat. She placed the glass on the bedside table and stared at her lap.

"Are you ready, (Y/n)?"

(Y/n) slowly nodded. Mrs Amane shifted in the chair that was beside the girl's bed, bracing herself for the truth. (Y/n) started telling Mrs Amane what happened yesterday. She had sleep the whole day and now it was after nine. Her father, Ken, and Mr Amane were at work and her stepmother was out with friends. The only person who she could talk to was Mrs Amane. Her stepmother was at home but he didn't care about what happened to her.

When she finished, Mrs Amane stared at her with a neutral expression. "So, Hiroki's dead?"
The (h/c) haired girl bit her bottom lip and nodded. "I believe you." (Y/n) looked up at the woman, slightly surprised.

"You do?"

"Yes. I called his parents and they said he hadn't came home yesterday and he's not answering his phone. They're really worried." She took (Y/n)'s hands in hers and rubbed them gently with her thumb. "Do you remember how the killer looks? We need to report this to the police, he's.... he's after you next."

"He's from school. I... I know him. He talks to me sometimes."

Mrs Amane's mouth slightly parted in shock. "You know him? That means we have to report this now. What's his name?"

"Kei."

/♦♦♦♦♦♦\

(Y/n) clutched her chest as she desperately tried to catch her breaths. Blood splashes were painted on her clothes and skin. Her eyes were pink and puffy and tear stains remained on her cheeks. She regretted it. She regretted everything. Of course he would be there, she was just too stupid to think that time.

Earlier Mrs Amane decided to go to the police station she brought her husband along. Her stepmother mother was forced to  go by her father. When they reached inside they were greeted by a horrifying sight.

Dead bodies laid on the ground and dark splashes were on the wall and floor. The next thing (Y/n) knew was Mr Amane's head hitting the floor then his body joining after. Her stepmother's head had suddenly exploded and bits and pieces of flesh and organs flew out. (Y/n) couldn't help but let out a bloodcurdling scream.

She was pulled into the arms of Mrs Amane as laughter bounced off the walls, creating an echo. They were soon greeted by a boy with glowing green eyes. "Who the hell are you?!" (Y/n)'s father shouted at the smirking boy.

"Pass the girl up and I'll let you off."

"Over my dead body!" Mrs Amane yelled, fire burning her eyes. The boy raised an eyebrow and grinned sadistically. "Oh? That sounds like a good idea."

The grip Mrs Amane had on the girl loosened and her head limped over (Y/n)'s shoulders, unmoving. "Mrs Amane?" (Y/n) shook the woman but she didn't move one bit. It was then she checked the woman's pulse her heart dropped to her stomach.

"No... she's not dead, she couldn't be..." (Y/n) mumbled but in the quiet hallway, the two males could hear her clearly. "But she is." (Y/n) raised her head and her eyes widened when she saw the hollow eyed boy standing beside the glowing green eyed boy.

"W-Wha-"

"You bastard! What did you do?! You're not getting away with this!"

(Y/n) brought her gaze at her father, shocked written across her face. Did he not she the hollow eyed boy? "Fath-"

"Go. I can handle this by myself!"

"But you can't! Don't you see the boy beside him? You're outnumbered!"

"I don't know what your talking about but I can very well deal with this boy." He turned his head to look at his daughter. "Now go. If you die, I'll never forgive myself." (Y/n) stood still, not believing what she heard from her father. This was the father she knew. The father she had before her mother died.

"Go!"

She gently laid Mrs Amane on the cold ground and the tears started to spill. She quickly stood up and looked at her father one last time before running off. She looked behind and the hollow eyed boy was gone. She knew he was going after her.

Now it leads to why she was here, leaning against a shoe maker shop, few blocks away from the Silver Diamond café. She was taking the risk to see her ex friend. She took a deep breath in and out before continuing to drag her feet to the cafe.

A sign saying 'closed' hung from the door handle but the lights inside were still on. She tried opening the door but it was locked so she started to slam her fist on the glass door. Soon the kitchen door opened. The black haired girl came through and her eyes widened seeing her ex friend's terrible state.

She hurried to the door and opened it. (Y/n) stumbled in and Mini lead her in the kitchen. "Wait right here. I'm going for bandages."

"No." (Y/n) gripped her wrist from leaving the room. "They're not my blood." Mini's eyebrows furrowed.  "The boy. He's after me and I need your help. Surely, you know something, the first time you saw him you sensed something, didn't you? And that stone?"

"So it's time...."

"What?"

Mini gently pulled her wrist out of (Y/n)'s wrist. And went out of the room. Few minutes later she came back with a small worn out diary in her hand. She placed it in (Y/n)'s hand. (Y/n) curiously opened the book and started to skip through it. Pictures after pictures were girls with numbers placed over their heads.

1938~1945
Kogome

1945~1962
Mona

1962~1979
Hanako

1979~2002
Kana

"What does this mean? I don't understand."

"These were the girls he haunted."

"I don't get it. Is Kei a ghost? What did I do for him to haunt me?

"(Y/n)." (Y/n) averted her eyes to Mini. "Yes?"

"Doesn't the last lady look similar to you?" (Y/n) looked at the woman with blue orbs staring back at her. She scratched her cheek and squinted her eyes. "She looks familiar." (Y/n)'s gaze stopped at the necklace around the woman's neck. "I've seen that necklace before. When mom sent me into her jewelry box for her earrings, I saw it. I remembered putting it around my neck and somehow I felt powerful, I didn't know why." (Y/n) chuckled softly at the memory.

"That was your biggest mistake, (Y/n)." (Y/n) instantly stopped and looked up at the girl. "What?"

"You're the cause of your mother's death."