Chapter Twelve: Picking A Flowers Petals

I should make Saihara find a new favorite flower.

I leaned against the bathroom wall waiting for the nauseous feeling in my stomach to go away as I started changing out of my DICE uniform.

The website wasn't kidding about most people dying in two months, it's been a while since the disease began and it was already making me want to die.

Just kidding~

I groaned as I finally felt ok enough to stand up as I sluggishly walked out of the bathroom. Seeing as it was nearly two am, only Takura was awake watching some anime.

I tip toed nervously across the creaky floor which was only getting more annoying by the day.

"I WANT A FREAKING MII KUN!" Takura screamed as I raised an eyebrow. What kind of stuff does he even watch anymore...?

Luckily for me Takura never turned around. But everyone else did wake up, thanks Takura.

Knew I could count on you.

Genkei busted out of his room, heavy bags under his eyes as he showed off his man bun as he approached Takura, "get the f*ck back to bed or so help me God, I will tie you there myself!" He screamed.

"But Genkei! Look at that mummy-" Takura argued as Genkei started dragging him across the floor, "TELL ME LATER" He screamed and the door slammed shut. I glanced back at where me and Takashiro sleep, I guess he wasn't actually awake from that.

Lucky.

Genkei also took zero notice of my presence, but that's normal for him when hes waken up from his sleep. Just to make whatever woke him up to shut up, which most of the time is Takura...

I headed the rest of the way back to my room and packed away my uniform ignoring the giant ape snoring loudly in the background. What's that...?

I grabbed my phone to see I had gotten a notification from Kiibo....a picture of Saihara with a girl. They looked close, and were walking close to each other. The caption under the photo read.

Hanging out with Saihara's partner!

I laughed a little as I put away the phone holding my breath as I could feel the urge to cry coming. So Shumai is a liar after all? I must be getting rusty, I can't trust that guy.

And even if he did lie about being in a relationship it doesn't even matter huh?

I cupped my hand over my mouth as I ran towards the nearest trash can hanging over it as petals erupted from my mouth, pink blood coating them as I tried to cover up my coughing.

Come on Saihara...it already hurts bad enough liking you...but did you have to slowly kill me as well?

I wish I had the energy to laugh at my own pathetic jokes.

Suddenly I felt a hand patting me on on the back as I glanced up tiredly to see Takashiro. I raised an eyebrow, "Shiro?" I choked out. I hated how raspy my voice sounded.

I hated how I knew he probably saw everything.

"Are you done?" He asked and I shrugged, I can't even tell anymore. Takashiro put his hand on my forehead, "you have a fever, go to bed" he ordered.

"I thought I was the leader..." I mumbled tiredly, "you can be the leader tomorrow" Takashiro promised, as he helped me get up from the floor and basically dragged me to bed.

"I wish you told me about this, I didn't know it was getting this bad" Takashiro scolded, "you knew...?" I groaned and Takashiro laughed.

"You'd be surprised how much stuff I know about all of you" Takashiro admitted, "I guess it's my job as the oldest to look after you kids" he added.

"But seriously, how long has this been going on for Kokichi?" He asked seriously, "a month...?" I guessed. Takashiro cursed something under his breath.

"You've barely changed from when we were kids huh?" Takashiro asked, "huh?" I asked confused, "when you were younger, you got sick like this a lot remember?" He asked.

How could I forget? I would be in bed for hours with Chiasa or Takashiro taking care of me. It was embarassing.

"Worst part is you never told anyone, ever. Not even now, we usually had to figure it out or you would randomly collapse onto the floor" Takashiro said.

"Why so you do that...?" he asked, "you know you don't have to, we can fix this...just tell me what it is and I'll fix it. Just like back then" Takashiro begged, I could see he was close to tears.

"..." I didn't know what to say, "research Hanahaki when we wake up..." I told him, "that's an order..." I mumbled as I felt myself falling asleep. Takashiro sighed, "you're not leaving this bed till your fevers broke, just so you know" he added.

"So mean" I complained as I gave in to sleep, as the sound of mumbles about my health echoed from the other room.

Why Saihara? I love you...but I love DICE more, so can't I just forget about you?